Some Windows 7 add-ons for speech recognition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by boblamb, Apr 24, 2010.

1. boblamb

boblamb MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
  2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boblamb

boblamb MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    Yeah, I´m using it to work in all apps. So far the only software the grid does not lay over is the game "Mass Effect 2", that I'm playing now. I guess it is because this game directly access the I/O hardware.

4. biasanches

biasanches MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    Hi Bob,

Do you know if there are a UK version of this software? What language are you using?

5. boblamb

boblamb MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    I'm using US. But I changed here to UK, and apparently it is working ok. However I guess you need to re-train the software.

6. mongen

mongen MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Do you have a recommendation for a microphone? I have one of those cheapo "skype" headsets that you can get for $10 at radio shack, but its accuracy isn't any good.

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking for work, and looking to get a better mic. There are some recommendations on knowbrainer.com etc, just wondering what you are using.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Logitech USB sets work fine (but probably you need to pay minimum $20 to get a good one)

sebus

8. boblamb

boblamb MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    I use here a microsoft lifechat usb, it is good for speech recognition, but it has a messy cable. I would definitely buy a wireless headset next time. I heard bad things about the microsoft wireless, but some good things about the plantronics.

9. spaghetti

spaghetti MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2010
    i used to use Dragon Naturally Speaking in XP, but it's very slow on my core2duo. Takes 5s to respond to a sentence. Where's the speech in win7? I never knew it could support real speech - anyone use both and know which is faster?