someone help me out here wt heck is going on

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, May 6, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i have tried prob 50 times to get windows 7 64 bit rc running... every other os including vista 64 bit and windows 7 32bit rc runs fine with 0 issues...

what happens:

it will install just fine and start up normal. then after about 10-15 minutes and it seems to be caused by nothing in particular it will bsod.

i boot to safe mode and check logs and the only real thing that stands out is a dcom 1084 issue..

i have seen a win32k.sys error, and a stop 50. and a pagefault in non paged area message and it varies

whats REALLY wierd is after the bsod it reboots and will let me back into 7 now. but i have no permissions and it says i can not access anything including control panel. explorer.exe is not running i have no backround and aero has stopped.

the only way to fix it is to reboot to safe mode. create a new admin account and delete the old one then restart and i will not have my backround is back i can access everything and aero is on. but soon after for apperantly no reason it will bsod to a "page fault in non paging area" message than restart.

i have to go through the same process to get it back up again.. what the heck is going on???

whats really odd is the page fault in non paged area message normally is associated with bad ram. but ever other os including vista 64bit runs just fine.. even windows 7 32 bit runs fine... i have replaced the ram and it does the same thing

i have tried both 4gb and 8gb of ram as well as one stick and two. the hdd is fine i ran every test i could at it. memory passes every test i can try.

someone help me out here

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Upgrade or Clean Install

MS admonishes that one cannot install the RC over the beta, i.e., did you accomplish a clean install of the RC?

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    yes this is a totally fresh install of the rc. i have 3 seprate drives in my setup one has xp, the other vista 32, and this one i wanted to run windows 7 64 bit but it seems to refuse to run.

does 7 64 bit require the use of the hpet mode to be set to 64 in the bios? i currently have it disabled..

4. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    were did you download the iso from?

5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #5 armada, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    (OP)
    microsoft technet directly.

now i also just got a "bad pool caller" bsod as well.. [what] is going on here.... this is just seriously driving me crazy now.

why only windows7 64 bit. everything else runs fine.. arghhh i hope whatever this is gets fixed before the final comes out lol

i also just now removed my raid array (unplugged the drives) and ran the install on just a single drive with no other os connected. seemed to run fine this time unitl i ran wei score test during the first few gpu tests i saw blocks on the screen and bam the bad pool caller again.

also tried installing with only one 2gb ram stick since i know early on vista 64 had issues during install at times with 4gb or more.. same no good.

in safe mode everything works as normal safe mode would work. except of course i cant do a whole lot due to it being safe mode. but doing anything i can in safe mode i see no errors at all..

wtf is going on. thank you in advance for any help with this as well..

i am running dual 4870x2 in crossfire on a dfi mobo if that matter at all. but as i said with all other os' including vista 64 bit it runs fine..

6. ph03n!x

ph03n!x MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    have you installed anything at all after the fresh OS installation? drivers, apps, anything? if so, do a fresh install, do not install ANYTHING - absolutely nothing. see if the prob shows up... if it does not, then it is something u installed. if it does, well - bad luck. lets hope someone in MS is following this thread :)

7. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    @armada,

Run Spinrite on the drive your using for Windows 7.

I had was having 'Page File' errors on a Vista box last year.
    Turned out to be the HDD was failing, causing bad sectors were Vista had setup the 'Page File'

8. bogstandard

bogstandard MDL Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #8 bogstandard, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    My RC 7100 64bit was applied to a 7077 64bit install without probs.
    Have you checked your downloaded ISO with MD5 checksums etc?
    Windows 7 RC Build 7100 ISO
    x86 ISO is
    8867C13330F56A93944BCD46DCD73590, while the MD5 for the

x64 ISO is
    98341AF35655137966E382C4fEAA282D

9. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    yes check your MD5 some thing mite of happened to your iso

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    everything matches md5 wise. swapped hdd for another brand new one and same issue.

11. Junner2003

Junner2003 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
    I doubt it has anything to do with MD5 checksum or the installation media in general. It rather looks like you have a hardware / software conflict. It might have been that Windows 7 installed the incorrect drivers for your chipset. Try to find the original drivers for Vista 64 bit for your computer and apply them. See if that fixes it.

The "Stop 0x50 in Win32k.sys" Error Message was a bug only in Windows 2000 / Windows Server 2000 and had been fixed in SP3 for the 2000 platforms.

12. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    have you tried a different video card?

13. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i dont have different gpu's here to try. i wish i did

14. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i will try this for sure thank you