Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (E15i) Unlock

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by karlo, Mar 1, 2012.

1. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hello,

Someone gave me a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 E15i and I'm wondering how to unlock it. I was thinking that it's easy to unlock because unlocking an iPhone is really easy and free of charge most of the time. Is it also possible with Sony Ericsson phones specifically the Android-based ones?

I did some research about the unlock code stuffs and a money must be used to use it but is there an alternative for that? Like is it possible to completely unlock a phone using a software and just the USB cable that comes with the phone?

Thanks.

2. agnescarry

agnescarry MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2012
    It's very hard to unlock Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 E15i. You need to spend some money on it and get into consult of a Professional.

3. rachinesafire

rachinesafire MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2012
    You can unlock your Sony Ericsson phone but I think it's not free. You have to invest some money on it. Either you can use software for it or you can find some online providers who will help you to unlock your phone by giving you the unlock code.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Everything with IMEI can be unlocked

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cookie1

cookie1 MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2012
    I do not know what you mean by "unlock" (possibly remove the SIM-lock?):
    - rooting it - if so google for SuperOneClickv2.1.1 (exactly this version, other can make problems, you can also root it with the tool below)
    - if breaking the kernel and/or flashing a vanilla ROM - use androxyde Flashtool

In any case I advice to visit XDA Developers' forums.

Anyway, after rooting it, flashing alternative kernel and ROM everything should be removed :)

PS Had to remove links, because I have below 20 posts. Sorry, you will have to google it by yourself.

6. lalitha7

lalitha7 MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2009
    There are many ways to unlock your mobile.Among these, codes are the best way of unlocking.
    If you need an unlocking service, get it from prounlocking.com .
    Once you get the code you may follow the instructions at mobileunlockguide.com .
    It helps to unlock your mobile easily.

7. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls MDL Novice

May 11, 2012
    As much as I know, its not free to unlock Sony Xperia cell phone. You can view more details about this from your mobile cell phone's provider. Try to take fully information then take a step for unlocking your mobile.

8. mikearnill

mikearnill MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    It's simple, simply walk in to the store from where you have buy they will help you to unlock it, but yeah that will cost you. I was in the same scenario my friend recommended me to go for the store from where I have buy and it was unlocked in few minutes.