Sort rows. Sort row B by row A excel

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Godfather189, May 4, 2010.

1. Godfather189

Godfather189 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi guys I am desperate believe me I need your help. I have to sort row B which is unsorted so that it looks the same like row A which is sorted. Data is the same but in different order .

I have sorted row A:

a321
    a123
    a526
    a978
    a654
    etc

and unsorted row B with same values but in different order
    a654
    a321
    a978
    a123
    a526

I want to sort row B so it look the same as the row A

a321
    a123
    a526
    a978
    a654

Can anybody help me? I have to finish it till tomorrow and If I will have to do this one by one I will be finished at the same time when I have to go to work. pls anybody??!

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Godfather189

Godfather189 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    hm . .this is basic sorting . .I need advance sorting. . I've seen VB scripts for some similar sorts but I cant find the right one. But thx anyway :):)

4. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    I don't know how to do it but why don't you just copy column A to column B.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    You have three options.

1. Sort column A and extend the sort to column B. In that case, column A will be sorted correctly, but column B will be unsorted (the the data will remain the same in each row).

2. Sort column A and do not extend the sort to column B. Then, sort column B and do not extend the sort to column A. In that case, column A will be sorted correctly, column B will be sorted correctly, but each row will be jumbled (the the data will not remain the same in each row).

3. Copy column A over to Column B... this is the simplified version of #2

There is no way to sort column A and column B together at the same time.