Sound problem I can't resolve.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 1336.9, Mar 22, 2010.

1. 1336.9

1336.9 MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555's headphone that I use on the onboard part of my motherboard's sound area and the tip of the adapter recently broke off into the green jack at a slanted to the right angle; I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING in my power for the last 3 day's to pull that sucker out with no success so I'm not going to even try that again.

What I'm hoping and trying to do is to disable the back and use my top sound port or make the blue jack work like my green one. I've had no success on either.

I'm using a Bio-Star 790GXBE and an CM690 case, can anyone PLEASE offer any help? Thank you. :biggrin:

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    If you can't get it out then I would suggest getting a comparable add on sound card and disabling the onboard. How is the tip stuck in there, can you upload a picture somewhere? I have worked on a lot of computers and have never seen anyone accomplish this, call it professional curiousity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nerk69

nerk69 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2008
    Have you tried epoxy on the end of a toothpick then attaching it to the broken tip. Worst that could happen is the toothpick get stuck in there too! If that does not work, I would seriously suggest an add-on sound card as Dolorous Edd suggested

4. 1336.9

1336.9 MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    A toothpick can take that thing out? I got some battery's for my camera and will try to take a picture and edit this post after I have.