Sp1 7601.16562.100603-1800

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jznomoney, Jun 24, 2010.

1. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    I don't know if there is a hidden way to slipstream SP1 Beta, probably there is, but MS is keeping it a secret, or maybe there is no other way slipstream it without reverse integration, but i do know that removing backup files can only be done either through dism or disk cleanup, there is no vsp1cln.exe or compcln.exe files in the service pack.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    I hope so.Maybe soon we will have it.
    Atleast not yet.They may very vell add one during the beta or in near RTM build.

3. jtvgeo

jtvgeo MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I looked at it and I'm almost shure there must be 'some' way to slipstream.
    MS officially doesn't support reverse integration, and probably there will be a compcln-like tool in the rtm release. So when knowing the above the 2 dism options /spsuperseded and /hidesp (hides sp from installed updates) wouldn't make any sence at all. The only thing I can think of is that Microsoft can use this for their integrated isos. Maybe they use a modded sp to slisptream it instead of the real one

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Slipstreaming and integrating are different aren't they?

I beleive slipstreaming means updating the installation files so it reflects the installation files such as found on an original install disk. The setup files aren't updated though, so a direct Microsoft ISO is far superior to any that are slipstreamed. Slipstreaming is what was found on XP.

I believe integrating means making a new image based on as if the SP was installed after Windows. This method would? leave backup files, unless set to be removed by the integrator programme.

Either way, there is no point integrating/slipstreaming SP's, in particular beta ones, unless you are installing on many machines. If installing on one machine, you get no benefit over installing the SP post Windows installation.

Once the official SP comes out, for those than install on an RTM Windows, they can use the compcln command to clean up the RTM remnants. The rest (even those than may have a proper version) should download (the equivalent) proper version SP1 iso, simply because it is built from scratch, and has the updated setup.

6. jtvgeo

jtvgeo MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    does the beta have a "time limit"? if so, can i use the Daz 7Loader to keep it active?

7. philoubelier

philoubelier MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    +1 aucun intérêt

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #109 Stannieman, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    Slipstreaming does replace the setup files. The term slipstreaming actually doesn't apply anymore to vista and 7, but a slipstreamed xp cd or an original sp integrated MS iso are exactly the same (except for some file timestamps and maybe a logfile that's included). Slipstreaming vista/7 would be to replace files inside install.wim with updated files + updating registry of the wim image.
    So it's how you look at it, slipstreaming definitely is what I said above, integrating could be slipstreaming or copy the sp installer to the dvd and use autounatended.xml to install (wich is the same as installing it afterwards).

But for windows 7 and vista the MSDN isos are indeed "more perfect" cause the eula during setup is also updated, when you slipstream an sp into the wim that won't be updated.

And I don't want to use a beta slipstreamed disc, but when you can slipstream the beta then you can probably also slipstream rtm, that's why I hope there can be found a way to slipstream the beta. I think /spsuperseded is one of the things ms uses after they slipstreamed the sp into the wim for their sp integrated MSDN iso, so before that they do slipstream it. REverse integration definitely isn't Microsoft's way to make MSDN isos, that's for shure.

9. ahyanglf

ahyanglf MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    I think so!

10. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    #111 tomorrow, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  11. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    Not much good if you've not been invited by MS Connect Program, tried logging in with my Windows Live ID and it was not accepted.

12. ioke09

ioke09 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2010
    Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the timebomb in the Windows 7 SP1 betas? It was possible to remove the timebomb and watermark in the SP betas of Vista by replacing the original tokens.dat with the updated tokens after installing the SP beta. Does anyone know if this is possible?

13. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    #114 MrG, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I was a member of the Windows feedback Program too.
    Thanks for the reminder, I'm sure I have the install info somewhere.

Last email when I asked if it was still alive I received a reply that they appreciate all the feedback they receive.

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I think its possible to get passed the time bomb but not quite sure at this point....
    I would just wait until the Service Pack is officially out and besides I'm sure you won't be using a beta of it through 2011....

15. Nosidak

Nosidak MDL Junior Member

Dec 21, 2009
    i was wondering how do you integrate this into the install

16. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Umm which part???
    the feed back thing or what give us a little more info man...

Not meaning to be disrespectfull...

17. Nosidak

Nosidak MDL Junior Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Sorry i am referring to the service pack

18. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I think this was figured out further up the chain...
    Take a look at like the page b4 this...

19. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    will we be forced to install the sp1 final release?:eek: curious:rolleyes: