SP1 slipstreaming guide

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Stannieman, Jan 17, 2011.

1. omeier2

omeier2 MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Example "remove en-us lp"

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\install.wim /Index:1 /MountDir:C:\offline
    DISM /Image:C:\offline /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\lp.cab
    DISM /Image:C:\offline /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.1.7601.17514
    DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\offline /Commit

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\install.wim /Index:2 /MountDir:C:\offline
    DISM /Image:C:\offline /remove-package /packagename:Microsoft-Windows-Client-Refresh-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.1.7601.17514

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\install.wim /Index:3 /MountDir:C:\offline

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\install.wim /Index:4 /MountDir:C:\offline

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\install.wim /Index:5 /MountDir:C:\offline

REM Check for errors before closing.
    PAUSE

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    If you still have it you can post it or send it if you want. I still can't get the damn winpe to boot....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    Guys one question, namely: I Win7 PRO SP1, which has English and Slovenian language. Whack the English language so as to leave only Slovenian.
    Can somebody write a script to do so. Thank you.

4. jamezb3

jamezb3 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    I didn't read the whole thread sorry.
    I just wanted to say that I installed SP1 in the Admin account, syspreped, grabbed the .wim file, replaced it in the iso and it works like a chram.
    Will install on any computer with SP1 integrated.

5. badminto

badminto MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    I just want to ask. (Sorry coz I don't read the whole thread)

1. Is dism method is used by microsoft to integrate sp1 into windows 7?
    2. Can I make this slipstreamed windows 7 with sp1 an universal edition?

6. medway

medway MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Stannieman update the guide??

7. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Anyone has a mirror or download address for the tools needed for the procedure? TIA :D

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You can use the scripts alphawaves posted in the next page.
    The problem is that I'm quiet a perfectionist :) and I can't reproduce propperly working boot.wim images. Integrating sp1 into install.wim is not much of a problem however, and the scripts do just fine. If you wan't to know how it works just look at them, they're not really hard to understand.

@others, I don't know what method was used by MS, but it could be some form of dism integration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. plastikat

plastikat MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2010
    #131 plastikat, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    Hi, All.

The info in this and Raoul's threads helps to better understand how updates integration (and installation images customization) works in modern versions of Windows OS. Thank you for that.

But before I've started reading this forum, I've visited some other resources researching the same subject - and some things are still unanswered... Here are some quotations:

(from social_technet_microsoft_com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/89c79083-fb50-4c1c-933a-8ab598592636/)

Spyrocheti has also posted this quotation from the same forum at Raoul's thread:

So turns out that slipstreaming the way that is described in this thread is actually not really useful - because when Windows 7 SP2 comes out all of us will need that "Original MS DVD with Sp1 included" to integrate SP2 into it the same way. It's easier to download original Microsoft SP-integrated ISO's every time they release it then playing with unsupported slipstreaming.

More important is that I'm not sure if future Windows 7 SP2 shall install "online" with no problems on working operating systems, that have been installed from a "manually integrated SP1 DVD" which was made using method, described in this thread (if it causes problems "offline" - maybe it also does so "online"). The point is that we all can end up re-installing every such system to upgrade it to SP2 (which is unacceptable in production environment).

I suspect Microsoft hasn't fixed servicing stack issues by now - if they would I think slipstreaming would become supported again. And it's really strange that they haven't fixed it yet - who if not them should be aware of what exactly is causing problems.

(sorry for ugly URL's - the forum engine rejected normal ones from me)

10. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I agree with you. I have spent days perusing the thread , copying down info , from all relevant threads , post . then spent few days trying to integrate. nothing works. Worse the "work" folder and it's sub folders and files were couldn't be deleted !!

I had to format the C:\ drive and Reinstall win 7 and software in less time than I spent deleting the files and folder . Waiting for the real working guide or the integrated win7 dvd to become available .

11. gyandeep_2007

gyandeep_2007 MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    #133 gyandeep_2007, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    set WORKDIR=F:\Work
    set MOUNT=%WORKDIR%\Mount
    set NEW=%WORKDIR%\New
    set BIN=%WORKDIR%\bin
    set DVD=%WORKDIR%\DVD
    set SP1=%WORKDIR%\SP1
    set EXTRACT=%WORKDIR%\SP1\EXTRACT
    ECHO.
    ECHO This script will unmount the install.wim and reduce its size!
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1>nul
    ECHO.
    ECHO Did you change the Indexnumber in the script? 
    ECHO If Yes then Continue!
    ECHO If No please Exit the script!
    PAUSE.
    ECHO.
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1>nul
    ECHO Unmounting and reducing size of install.wim has started ...
    DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"%MOUNT%" /commit
    "%bin%\imagex.exe" /compress maximum /export  "%DVD%\sources\install.wim" 1 "%New%\install.wim"
    IF EXIST "%DVD%\sources\install.wim" DEL "%DVD%\sources\install.wim"
    IF EXIST "%New%\install.wim" MOVE "%New%\install.wim" "%DVD%\sources\install.wim"
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1) If you dont see any errors above this text then unmounting was succesfull ...
    ECHO 2) If you do see errors, you did something wrong and unmounting has failed ...
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1>nul
    ECHO Solutions:
    ECHO 1) You can continue with Step 1 of Chapter 4 of the UPDATED Guide!
    ECHO 2) You have to read the UPDATED Guide more carefully!
    PAUSE.
    EXIT
    while running this cmd file it says..

Code:
    This script will unmount the install.wim and reduce its size!

Did you change the Indexnumber in the script?
    If Yes then Continue!
    If No please Exit the script!
    Press any key to continue . . .

Unmounting and reducing size of install.wim has started ...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 87

The parameter is incorrect.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    The system cannot find the path specified.

1) If you dont see any errors above this text then unmounting was succesfull ...

2) If you do see errors, you did something wrong and unmounting has failed ...
    Solutions:
    1) You can continue with Step 1 of Chapter 4 of the UPDATED Guide!
    2) You have to read the UPDATED Guide more carefully!
    Press any key to continue . . .

12. lit_n_lite

lit_n_lite MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2009
    Gr8Work!!!!!! Keep it up!!!

Can u post the similar guide for manual slipstream of vista SP1 and SP2??????

when will ur new guide for Windows 7 sp1 slipstream be ready????

13. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Why support vista? SP1 can be integrated using vLite but not SP2, that requires reverse integration..

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #136 tcntad, Apr 5, 2011
    Delete the log and try unmount manually, doesnt seem to be any wrong with the script.

15. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
    #137 Kamar, Apr 7, 2011
    thanks for pointing it out. I was going Nuts as there was no explanation for the " Error code 87 " However after opening the all script in the text editor and comparing each , I noticed that I was Using " C:\Work" and in the Script it was

" F:\Work ".

I promptly changed the " F: " to "C:" and tried , It worked without any error. Please try that. thease are excellent scripts and work flawlessly. I wish the Author mr Raoul would Combine the UN-Mount script in to the Integrate script and do away with prompt and pauses. Then all you have to execute the Integrate script once and it will stop when the Index in Install.wim is done.

These scripts are that good

16. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Wow I actually forgot about this... I guess...
    But IIRC the WinPE thing I was waiting for was the WinSRT package that wasn't available as a separate download and couldn't be extracted at the time. However right now we CAN extract packages so I'll repost the fixed guide shortly. Not that anyone is still interested in slipstreaming w7sp1, but still...

17. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    That would be interesting.