Speccy results for my PC. Just installled windows 8 as a dual boot.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by romaurie, Sep 24, 2013.

1. romaurie

romaurie MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2013
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 53 °C
    Wolfdale 45nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-S2C (Socket 775)
    Graphics
    SyncMaster (1920x1200@59Hz)
    1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (Undefined) 69 °C
    Hard Drives
    466GB Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA Device (SATA) 45 °C
    233GB Western Digital WDC WD2500JS-00NCB1 ATA Device (SATA) 56 °C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S ATA Device
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device]

It's working OK but I wondered what would be the best graphics card the motherboard could support?
    How can I increase the number of USB ports?I sometimes get a message saying to connect to a "high speed" usb port.I thought they were all the same.Are these adaptors realy any good that plug into a USB port and give another 4 USB ports?I only just realised that there is a USB dongle for Bluetooth.
    Any other upgrades worth considering?
    Romaurie
    IMG_1227.JPG

2. JCsHands

JCsHands MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2011
    I wouldn't throw the thing out the window because you are using DDR2 or that you have a Core 2 Duo. What do you want to do with your computer? If you are not playing games but want a better experience, something like the AMD 6570 will set you back about $50. A $100 card would let you play most modern games on medium settings.

If you do decide to throw it out for something newer, you could thow it my way. ;)

3. romaurie

romaurie MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2013

I finally installled windows 8 but couldn't get -on with it at all.So I removed W8 and formatted most of the partitions saving what files I wanted and re-installed Windows Home Premium instead of Windows 7 Ultimate.Now maybe because it is Home Premium it runs well on 64 bit whereas 7 Ultimate would not accept Ultimate on 64 bit.I'm not throwing it away or buying another at present but do wonder about upgrading the graphics card so I have HDMI out instead of DVI to HDMI which does not transfer sound.
    Romaurie
    So I have an unused and not registered windows 8 disc which even my son doesn't want to use on his Dell Inspiron.
    So it's not exactly up for grabs, but I am open to offers.