SSD and Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Insanegamer1996, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Insanegamer1996

Insanegamer1996 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    I should get my SSD by tomorrow. My question is if there are any latency problems like with HDD. For example when monitoring windows built in task manager and performance tab i could see 3000 ms jumps of latency caused by HDD beeing busy multitasking. Latencymon also showed storport.sys jumping to sky so my question is if SSD will fix those high latency problems usually visible when 2 or more actions take place on pc not only 1 that require disk to work?

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    SSDs are capable of delivering very low levels of latency, by and large in the realm of one millisecond or less.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Older NAND flash SSDs have access times of 6-12 milliseconds, newer ones less than 1ms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Got to de point I just couldn't take Win 10 on a 5400 RPM laptop HDD anymore :mad: Really wanted a Samsung but they weren't on sale and de 500GB MX500 was. Hell of an improvement and I've always been very satisfied by Crucial ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not going to analyze the price-performance ratio, but one small thing, you have to take into account that all this data is provided for SATA III, but most older computers do not allow more than SATAII, ie you never get this speed that, is on the package.
    But the choice of company is a matter for everyone's taste. A better known company is just more expensive, but usually not better. The company name pays, not the thing itself.
    When I need it quickly, I usually take what is available on local store. If there is a lot of time, I choose and order.

6. Insanegamer1996

Insanegamer1996 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Freezes are gone thanks to ssd ! Hdd is not compatibile and error like usb 3.0 drivers on windows 7 should pop up when u try to install win 10 on hdd in my opinion.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I don't understand anything.
    What should jump up and what have been lost?
    What does these things have to do with the SSD?