Standered VGA Adapter help please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thatnewb, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Thatnewb

Thatnewb MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Hello, recently I installed windows 7 ultimate, but after doing a custom install I noticed that my graphics card is a standerd vga adapter, I tried downloading nvidia gt330 M since I believe thats the one I had before the install but whenever I run the install the installer tells me. "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" Help would be greatly apperciated.

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #2 zahnoo, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    Assuming your card is not bad, uninstall any old drivers and set Windows Update to "For Windows and other product updates From Microsoft Update" and let windows supply the driver.

For me, several times WU supplied the latest nVidia driver. After I installed the one suggested by Windows Update, I could install what I wanted. But I found no need to do so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Evgeniy

Evgeniy MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Go to a notebook web page (dell, toshiba, lenovo etc.) and download the latest driver for your model dont download directly from nvidia and you should be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...