Start 8, Classic Start Button, Wentutu Start Menu, help you pick one!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MercedesBMW, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MercedesBMW

MercedesBMW MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    As we all know, Microsoft Windows 8 has officially launched on October without Start Menu. Thus a large number of users can not get used to this brand new OS. Fortunately, some companies created Start Menu for Windows 8 users. With these applications, users can easily get Start Menu back.
    Start 8:
    Search for Windows 8-style (Modern UI) apps
    Pin desktop and Metro apps to the start menu
    Jump List support
    Unified Search for apps, settings and files
    Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
    One click access to shut down, devices, music, documents, and videos
    However, Start8 just free for 30-days. You have to pay it $4.99 then you can own it.
    Classic Start Button:
    It is a Start Menu application which can help you restore Start Menu. However, it is not as powerful as Start 8. Users still need to pay for it.
    Wentutu Start Menu:
    Wentutu Start Menu supports multiple languages. You can own the specific version of the language.
    You can drag in / drag out files or applications into Wentutu Start Menu with your mouse.
    Wentutu Start Menu has built-in program-searching function. You only have to input query in the search box and the required programs would be found quickly and efficiently.
    You can boot into desktop automatically with Wentutu Start Menu.
    Wentutu Start Menu perfectly imitates Windows 7's Aero style with translucent effect, compact and efficient.
    Wentutu Start Menu contains list of all programs, frequently used programs and other commonly used shortcuts.
    Wentutu Start Menu has perfect right-click function. You can easily manipulate programs by right-click.
    More important, Wentutu Start Menu is a FREE application. And it will ALWAYS KEEP FREE for users. You can download it from wentutu.com.
    I prefer free applications, so Wentutu start Menu is my first choice. How about you?

2. bruce356

bruce356 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2012
    Try StartisBack it IS the best solution hxxp://wxw.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup.exe
    Just replace x I can not post links

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May should keep in mind that those 3. Party Start Menu Tools are one of those who triggers problems with Updates of Windows 8! So if use them and getting problems with Updates, first install them and retry to update. I haven't problkems which Classic Shell in that regard, had with StartmenuX on one computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Marcin-prv

Marcin-prv MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm using only Windows 8 Power Shortcuts v1.1 :)

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Why open a new thread? There are still (too) many of it o_O

6. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Startisback is the only start button replacement you will ever need.

7. MercedesBMW

MercedesBMW MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    Just my personal opinion. Oh, I've find there are so many threads talking about thiso_O Ok, just follow my own way.

8. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Astroturf thread.

Also, Wentutu? Seriously? Is the vending machine for retarded names working overtime?