Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lancast, Aug 7, 2015.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    well, in my case (win 10 pro x64 clean install), after diggin into some configurations and editing the start menu, the same thing occours to me and the option to "personalize" the start menu just dissapear and there is no way to turn it back.

for that I ask some help here: does anyone know if there is some way to "restart" the strart menu? a way to roll back just the start menu so it can be just like it was when the os was installed?

i missed some options and lack of some so Im back with win 7 again. ill wait for another service release or big update that brings some features/options back, or if someone shows a way to reset the start menu maybe i consider another install of win 10 on my machine but this time for good..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Just restart explorer using the task manager.

There are some valid arguments to stay with W7, but that isn't one of them.

Just use Classic Shell and you'll get more options than seven ever had.

Indeed is worth to use it not just in W8-W10, but in W7 as well.

3. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009

sorry, its not restart. what i need is a way (official) to "reset" / "restore" the start menu to its default. there are a lot of options in the configuration tool (the new one) but none of the options have "deeper" options, like the possibility to change how windows update works, or a option to change how telemetry will handle all your data. windows 10 simply doesnt have the options so we can dig into and then relax with a proper os running on our computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...