start-up problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zaiko, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I would guess that your computer has got SLIC 2.1 in its BIOS, or you have activated using a different approach earlier.

2. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    according to everest I have slic 2.0. The first time I used hazar activation, afterwards i used Daz ! In the mean time I also replaced an image with acronis so I don't know anymore what happened. The only way I can start up is with the recovery CD from DAZ.

3. Cyrillkk

Cyrillkk MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Copy Loader (I use Hazar before, version 1.5) to C:
    Run it (with admistrator rights) again.

4. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #24 MasterDisaster, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    That is because you are using the Daz recovery CD, it loads the slic in your computer.

Have you tried booting into your Installation DVD, select "Repair this computer" -> Check for startup issues or open the Command Prompt and type the following commands
    Code:
    Bootrec /FixMbr
    Bootrec /FixBoot
    Bootrec /RebuildBcd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I tried all that without succes! (month ago)
    Now I have to wait a few weeks before I try, I need my PC desperately!

6. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    And why don't you backup all your *precious data* (including the drivers of your PC, or you can just download them), then use Active KillDisk and forget about the problems with the recovery or hidden partitions, you're not using any of that and I think you don't need them anymore, that's why you're trying to use a loader to activate Windows 7 :)

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #27 urie, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    His computer doesn't have slic 2.1 i can tell by the file dates in the dell 55mb diagnostic partition, and the windows 7 100mb partition would not have been created because he already had vista system partition.

8. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    Now that you mentioned it urie, I should have noticed that ;)

9. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I never installed vista! I had first a dual boot XP - Win7.

10. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Have you tried the "fixme" command in Daz recovery cd?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    no not yet, I'll try it later! I can not afford possible problems now. I have to do some work on the PC.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Now why did you not mention that at start, so you don't have slic at all. That why these threads drag on lack of correct information.

13. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    that's not the point if I have slic or whatever!I explained what happened when I used the Daz loader for some times without anny problem till one day I had to replace an image with acronis and then the bloody thing wouldn't start up anymore! Then I tried the reposetory procedure without succes (although I did that a few times before with success). I could start up again with the Daz recovery CD and that is what I'm still doing!

And i mentioned before I have slic 2.0!

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    With acronis you have the option to recover an image without writing the MBR.

15. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    OK but that's not helping me now, that's for the next time when I need it.
    Before it worked without any problem.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    ok I did what you suggested!I installed paragon hard disk manager prof and rebuild MBR. So I restarted and with the bootmanager it worked!
    But then my win7 became not genuine! So I installed Daz loader 1.9 and rebooted and the same thing happened. No way I could start up, I tried everything from repository manual ! Even with Daz recovery CD, I tried every option only errors but no way to start up!
    So I had to install image with acronis again (without MBR) and now I can only start up with DAZ Cd again!
    A whole afternoon work to become at the same point!

18. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Again:

"And why don't you backup all your *precious data* (including the drivers of your PC, or you can just download them), then use Active KillDisk and forget about the problems with the recovery or hidden partitions, you're not using any of that and I think you don't need them anymore, that's why you're trying to use a loader to activate Windows 7"

19. Calistoga

Jul 25, 2009
    #39 Calistoga, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    I agree with Bosh. You could save yourself a lot of trouble if you just wiped your disk completely and then reinstalled Windows 7. Maybe even consider a BIOS Mod as urie suggested?

20. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    That is just what I wanted to avoid to wipe my disk completely, I have three partitions and I want to keep those two data partitons !
    The use of an image is something I used a lot if I had problems and i want to use that also in the future. So I would like to know what the reason is of all those problems.
    If I start all over again I don't want to meet the same problems again.
    And what to use for win 7 activation then :InfiniteRearm4 v1.9.4 ?

Or I think I'll continue with the cd to start up untill i buy a new PC !