Starting an android based wireless mouse on system boot HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dannoodle, Jan 2, 2013.

1. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Hello, I have a media PC hooked up to my TV which is running W8, I didn't want to pay out for an actual wireless keyboard with touchpad, so downloaded myRemote, which works a treat but it does not run until you are on the desktop - bit of a pain as I then have to plug in my keyboard, stand in front of the TV, login, then go onto the desktop before I can use my phone as the mouse... So I then downloaded and tried "wifi mouse", same thing. Have tried setting up a scheduled task for the program to run at system start, but no joy...... How the hell can I make the program start at boot? THANK YOU

2. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    literally type "control userpasswords2" in CMD?

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Not in CMD, but START -> RUN -> type control userpasswords2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    would have been longer than 5 seconds.. i'd have to unplug this keyboard, walk the 2 steps to the other PC, plug in keyboard, walk the 3 steps to the sofa, pick up remote, change channel to HDMI 3... you get the picture, but thank you anyway

5. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    I'll do that just as soon as I have my Christmas Tree thrown into the back garden

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Making the wireless mouse server a startup service might also be an option; but just making yourself auto-login is probably best (and easier) :)

7. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Explain please

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First: seems to be something wrong with the thread titel: ANDROID????

I didn't see anything about Android in this thread!:eek:

There also not exist an Android Wireless Mouse, AFAIK!:confused:

A wireless Mouse work on most PC's without a problem, and the newer OS's also didn't need a driver!:p

HP and Tarsus (which used HP devices) are the only companies who selling WiFi some Mouse!:rolleyes:

The later is quite expensive US$ 40.00 and up!! But those also didn't working on Android! I could tell that because I use an HP WiFi Mouse and that isn't able to be used on Android, that origin were why I bought those Mouse for to check that!

For those who wonder: a WiFi Mouse didn't use an Receiver which need to be plugged into the PC, it uses the PC's internal WiFi system.

Maybe a Bluetooth Mouse could be used on Android OS but I didn't find one till today which works with Android!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. dannoodle

dannoodle MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    I can safely say that there is an android app which turns your phone into a wireless keyboard, mouse and touchpad.. because I am using it now. Thank you guys for helping out, it now works without having to plug in a keyboard to login. :cool: Thank you MDL

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You hadn't explained that you would like to use an Android Device (phone or tablet etc.) for that job! Beter would have been to explain clearly what you're looking for.