still haven't upgraded from windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Shadowmeph, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Shadowmeph

Shadowmeph MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2011
    I have been holding out from upgrading but since now I am going to be upgrading my hybrid HD to SSD I might as well install Windows 10. The thing is my system is basically for watching Videos and playing games so I am not sure how to install windows 10 with just the things I want and or will only use. I had installed it on my laptop and I really don't like windows 10 even my windows 8.1 still uses the old school style of windows 7 looks. on my laptop there is so much crap that I don't even use the laptop anymore .

basically which version of Windows 10 should I use. I game and watch videos tha tI have on a separate drive
    I will be using Kodi for Movies and such
    will be using either Chrome or Firefox dev for web browsing
    I use mailwasherpro for my emails
    pretty much everything else is gaming.
    I really like the old XP days where you could strip out what you didn't need and still have a stable system/

2. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Enterprise LTSB 2015 i'm on or 2016 (KMS Activation)
    would suit what you are after, it has minus the bloatware
    You can install classic shell menu if you want the w7 look

3. Crime[Scene]

Crime[Scene] MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2016
    Why don't you use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS to cleanup your laptop? Then use something like CCleaner or Glary Utilities to clean up the registry. I'm always re-configuring my laptop.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If your win 8.1 is either Core or Pro and you want a legit win 10, upgrade to get a free HWID.

Don't you care about legit install and/or store and edge, install Enterprise 2015 or 2016 LTSB and use a KMS solution.

5. Shadowmeph

Shadowmeph MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2011
    ok thanks people :)

6. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012