Still no activation Office 2010 OFFLINE?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Boops, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    I'd not start PMing out MAK keys as I'd soon get spammed with requests, but if you want the key then Google "OFFICE14DEL" and the Pro Plus torrents should have it in config.xml.

2. alex_voyager

alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Tested on a WM disconnecting internet and do not works at all!
    For activate it i must reconnect internet and make a manual online activation :(
    It's OEM but is always a mak serial and must be activated...

3. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Yes, it must have connection to the internet & needs to be used with the rest of the files mentioned by ailef.

I wonder if M$ could block this in the future & how this activation would fare with OGA once its compatible with MSO 2010?

4. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    You only need the key, you don't have to use this installer/batch files or put it anywhere. Its a normal VL MAK key that can be activated online or by phone. You can use it with any VL Pro Plus Install.

5. CRA2YHAVOK

Oct 23, 2009
    #26 CRA2YHAVOK, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    Oh right, but I thought the MAK was blacklisted hence why I thought you needed the other files ???

Did you manage to activate just by doing a regular Office VL install then by changing the key via the Help menu of Office & activating it then ???

6. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Hi CODYQX4

If it is a normal VL MAK key, for office ProPlus VL
    Why when we run the commande ligne
    cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus
    we can see on ligne 3
    LICENCE DESCRIPTION:Office 14, RETAIL channel

7. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    It shows that because Mak keys are using the retail channel, hence the activation = forever. Unlike a Kms channel will = 180 days at the most.

8. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    #29 ailef, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    good that you made it work, i used the key that ends like the one CODYQX4 posted,
    I think the SCRLIST.EXE file must be important as the oem14.bat calls it while it's installing.
    now there's a possibility that it will become blacklisted when MS will check Office 2010 serials, i read somewhere they'll begin to check in october.

but there's something that i would like to know, can you activate office just with the key then click activate online or the SCRLIST.EXE is really needed ?
    why the .bat file is calling this file during this install if it's not necessary ?
    cause i read this by CODYQX4 :
    " You only need the key, you don't have to use this installer/batch files or put it anywhere. Its a normal VL MAK key that can be activated online or by phone. You can use it with any VL Pro Plus Install. "

but he said first that the key was blacklisted so how comes it activates using this method ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    The first time I tried it it didn't work and the torrent said it blacklisted, then I tried again and it worked. Those other files have to do with deployment of office, its just a MAK key that you have to activate. OEM key doesn't need activation.

10. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    This is what happened to me with my MAK key, the key is down so the torrents can get down and people will think all hope is gone. After a while the key will get it's activations back.

11. CRA2YHAVOK

Oct 23, 2009
    #34 CRA2YHAVOK, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    So if M$ do blacklist it in October will that mean all those legit HP computers that have this preinstalled on will become not genuine if/when a compatible OGA comes out for Office 2010 ???

I know very little about MAK so:

If a MAK runs of of activations can it be renewed by HP/M$ to get more activations or is that it an a new key is provided to the OEM, seems strange that it said it ran out when I tried the first time yet when I tried the second time using it in conjunction with the Off14.bat & SCRLIST.exe it activated no bother ???

12. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Dude you still need the actual registry values that correspond to the product key your using....
    Also its doubtful and very much unknown what will happen because if they did ban the key last time I checked I think the products would stay activated but you wouldn't be able to validate online or there would have to be a patch made to office so that it became ungenuine....

13. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    maybe the SCRLIST.EXE is checking if Office 2010 pro is installed on a list of HP systems and if the system is not from the HP listing, you'll get unactivated...
    it's just an assumption as i don't know what's the file is doing but as the file OFF14PRO-JP.CVA is listing HP systems, the SCRLIST.EXE will unactivate the wrong systems in october...
    or it permits to stay activate on any system in october...
    or it does nothing except checking if the install files are not modified...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Srclist.exe - Called by the Oem.bat file to reset the installation source to the CD. Requires the product code of the MSI you want to reset as an argument.

15. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    If anything like Office 2007, you could use a blocked key and you wouldn't just up and lose activation/features. OGA installs a nag into office 2007 enterprise but doesn't deactivate features and you can just uninstall OGA and disable the addin.

16. Tahunasky

Tahunasky MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #40 Tahunasky, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    I have done everything as stated above, and it comes up with the yellow "please wait while office prepares the necessary files" dialog box and then just exits.. with the Succeeded from the OEM14.BAT

I am running setup.bat from c:\swsetup\off2010pro

I am trying to install 64x version of office (converted to VL) - is this the problem, will it only work on x86 ?