Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Why stop smoking? For the main reason that it can damage your body that can lead to a serious illness. It can cause death.

3. Soundator

Soundator MDL Novice

May 23, 2018
    I replaced smoking with vaping for the last 5 years, no regrets so far :)

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    you have not stopped your addiction to nicotine, but changed the method in which you receive it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fabre gastro

fabre gastro MDL Junior Member

May 29, 2018
    i quit smoking every 90 minutes and then i again smoke another one. if i dont smoke, my lungs will not get carbon monoxide and i will die of lead and sulphur and various other industrial and construction related suspended particles in air aka atmosphere (fresh air pollution). so thanks for the motivation and i will quit smoking every 91 minutes from now on.
    i just got loaded with 19 pages of bizzare motivation.

6. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    That's a good start! At least you are willing to quit.

7. Old Fudge

Old Fudge MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2018
    In Nov it'll be 3 years that I've quit smoking. My health was taking a hit pretty bad so I went cold turkey. Tobacco is the hardest drug to kick IMO.

It's not easy to quit smoking as I learned before. I didn't last 3 years I tried before. This time I meant to and I will. I want to smoke all the time it never stops. The only way to win is to never take another puff ever. No such thing as "just once". Doesn't work that way.

I'll tell you that benefits for stopping smoking is tremendous and you'll wonder why the heck you were smoking.

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :eek::rolleyes:

9. SnoopDoggy

SnoopDoggy MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2018
    I'm smoking for 15 years. I tried to give up smoking for many times!!! And than I understood. I like to smoke with a cup of coffee. And I can't live without this tradition. I have give up not only cigarettes, but coffee too)) But I have some advices how to smoke not so much: https://smokefree.gov/quit-smoking/getting-started/steps-to-manage-quit-day Also I can advice you to drink milk. It cleans our lungs. Also you need to eat more fruits which contains vitamine C

10. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Drinking milk cleans your lungs? Interesting. o_O

11. Agera1993

Agera1993 MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2016
    What's the general opinion on vaping?

12. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    You are still a drug addict, and what was said a few message back....
    "You have not stopped your addiction to nicotine, but changed the method in which you receive it."

But on the bright side your clothes don't don't stink as much as when you smoke cigarettes.

13. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    But still bad for your health.

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I've heard that vaping contains chemicals that may have negative effects on your body too

15. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Look up popcorn lungs. :eek:

16. Wh!5t|eR

Wh!5t|eR MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2014
    Will power is the best

17. Mohammad.Poorya

Mohammad.Poorya MDL Member

Jul 22, 2018
    i always hate smoking.
    i'm cyclist.

18. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    www.killthecan.org worked for me.

Full discussion in the thread regarding vaping making your computer equipment nasty.

19. Arch_Sta

Arch_Sta MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2018
    Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

This book helped me to quit... But after 14 months i have started again... Life is too short to deny yourself a moment of pleasure :D

20. MIAN UMER

MIAN UMER MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2018
    I also don't smoke. Its not type of fashion. It is injurious to health.