Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. player04

player04 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2020
    try nicotine patch

2. profs1

profs1 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2017
  3. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
  4. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Don't forget the weed;)

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm. i smoked for half a century.until i collected artery troubles around the heart, and lung cancer. they fixed that well enough; and i only need to take ~13 pills a day..
    and i had to quit smoking, of course..no fun. i stopped a year ago, and i still did not get rid of the addiction.. i manage that by chewing nicotine chewing gum. a lot.
    costly, but no costlier than smoking.it`s funny how people, myself included, think that there are immune for the consequences of smoking. it is a very insidious addiction;
    for it has no immediate effect on your health..[only later.] i knew my greatgramp very well, and he smoked all his life. when old Klaas walked in, he was always preceded by
    a huge cloud of smoke.. [ ironically, he died in his sleep of the flue, when he was in his 90s.. but not everyone is that liucky.] so; the inevitable morale; i cannot recommend
    smoking..it may help you to stop and keep the addiction under control by using nasty nicotine substitutes.. [ plasters, chewing gums, or whatever.] when i had to stop i
    used some garbage that is equally addictive, some pills with the name ending on *pam. but that addiction did not stick to me, i was fed up with addictions by then.
    so; i guess i am just a lucky survivor of smoking....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    22 and 1/2 days and Bat still wants a cigarette all de time :( Was able to drink a coupla beers de last two afternoons widthout smoking :)

Good News is, after half a Century of smoking, de Congestive Heart Failure and COPD give Bat Medical excuse to NOT WEAR Mandatory Kung Flu Mask :clap3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 1margaret1

1margaret1 MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2020
    This is all auto-suggestion. As long as you yourself don’t want to quit smoking, you are not in quandary.

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    46 and 1/2 Days without a cigarette BUT (Dam dem Bat Buts) Newbs about to drive Bat to smoke :roll1:

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm I have been smoking since I was 17 today I am 66 and I have't shamed in my face for stop definitely ...;):(

10. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I quit in 1999 using nicoderm patches. There were never withdrawal symptoms. It took one week to break the habit of using my hands to reaching for a smoke. The patches step down dosage 21mg to 14mg to 7mg. Dosage is proportional to the area of the patch but you can lower the dose of any patch by using aluminum foil as a partial block.

You will appreciate being a nonsmoker. Your clothes and house will no longer stink. Food will taste great. When you drive by restaurants the good smells will be noticeable. During summers you will smell mowed grass.

As a nonsmoker, you will reenter civilized society in good standing.

11. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    The first to do is to change the brand to the one you don't like

Second, only take couple of puffs when you really feel like really wanting it but no more

Keep your substitutes ready and consume right after your two puffs

Keep squeezing your two puffs cycle to the minimum.

I tried that and failed maybe someone else will find it helpful.

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    thank you friend, but this I tried too and unfortunately it didn’t work and to make things worse just now I realized that I’m reading the posts and smoking ...;):doh:

13. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020

[​IMG]

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm I'm still not ashamed in the face to stop with this s**t ;):(

15. w7mdlf

w7mdlf MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
    Understand the addiction. Why it is nonsense. Why you don't need it.
    Don't fear, let it be a positive experience based on insight, truth. Not willpower or fear.
    Look at Alan Carr video's. Start now. Believe it is possible. After two weeks it only gets better!
    But stop believing that it will be hard. Understand the truth:
    It will only get better, there is nothing to give up but only benefits to gain. No one needs nicotine.

16. Humperdoo

Humperdoo MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2021
    I tried lots of things, patches, gum, acupuncture and therapy, then I found Allen Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking, never touched one since that was 8 years ago.

17. songonmdl

songonmdl MDL Novice

May 18, 2021
    try E-cigarettes, :)

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm I think I should also try who knows me to liberate this damn addiction, thanks for the suggestion :tankyou:

19. I stopped Smoking an year Ago after i recovered from Cancer.

20. My Digital Life Is Analog

Oct 30, 2021
    Chewing tobacco works for me