Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. #401 Deleted member 1071488, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
    i am a chain smoker.

2. mynorgeek

mynorgeek MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2020
    Think of yourself dying of lung cancer in a hospital bed, 20 years from now, in the future. Imagine yourself, 20 years from now, wishing you had quit 20 years ago. Then rejoice! Today is 20 years ago! You have that chance right now, that chance you'll wish in the future that you had taken 20 years ago. It's like going back in time. It's changing the future. :)

3. Karan Coviam

Karan Coviam MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2020
    hahaha the ones who are addicted won't

4. player04

player04 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2020
    try nicotine patch

5. profs1

profs1 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2017
  6. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
  7. Hamdah alzahrani

Hamdah alzahrani MDL Novice

May 30, 2020
    Hello smoking, something harmful to your health, money, and quitting smoking requires first identifying and strengthening yourself, meaning that you are completely convinced of yourself and good luck

8. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Addicted

Jun 30, 2015
    Don't forget the weed;)

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm. i smoked for half a century.until i collected artery troubles around the heart, and lung cancer. they fixed that well enough; and i only need to take ~13 pills a day..
    and i had to quit smoking, of course..no fun. i stopped a year ago, and i still did not get rid of the addiction.. i manage that by chewing nicotine chewing gum. a lot.
    costly, but no costlier than smoking.it`s funny how people, myself included, think that there are immune for the consequences of smoking. it is a very insidious addiction;
    for it has no immediate effect on your health..[only later.] i knew my greatgramp very well, and he smoked all his life. when old Klaas walked in, he was always preceded by
    a huge cloud of smoke.. [ ironically, he died in his sleep of the flue, when he was in his 90s.. but not everyone is that liucky.] so; the inevitable morale; i cannot recommend
    smoking..it may help you to stop and keep the addiction under control by using nasty nicotine substitutes.. [ plasters, chewing gums, or whatever.] when i had to stop i
    used some garbage that is equally addictive, some pills with the name ending on *pam. but that addiction did not stick to me, i was fed up with addictions by then.
    so; i guess i am just a lucky survivor of smoking....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    22 and 1/2 days and Bat still wants a cigarette all de time :( Was able to drink a coupla beers de last two afternoons widthout smoking :)

Good News is, after half a Century of smoking, de Congestive Heart Failure and COPD give Bat Medical excuse to NOT WEAR Mandatory Kung Flu Mask :clap3:

11. saroljecs

saroljecs MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2020
    a very familiar topic for me, I smoke after drinking alcohol

12. 1margaret1

1margaret1 MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2020
    This is all auto-suggestion. As long as you yourself don’t want to quit smoking, you are not in quandary.

13. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    46 and 1/2 Days without a cigarette BUT (Dam dem Bat Buts) Newbs about to drive Bat to smoke :roll1:

14. RyanCarr

RyanCarr MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2020
    #414 RyanCarr, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Nicotine patch helps me a little

15. Jane_S

Jane_S MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2020
    I think one of the most effective methods to start doing something is to tell the others about that. In that way, you may feel responsible for doing what you said and will stick to your intentions.