Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Kesantielu

Kesantielu MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2022
    I never smoked

2. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    Good for you....Don't harasse other people....(No pun intended)

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Stopped since January 8th 2023, saved me approx. €2500 euro :D

4. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    I think I'd like to share an experience and it seems this is a good thread for this story, as it relates to smoking tobacco.

I was once given a sort of special audience with a royal family type in Japan for services rendered, which don't need explaining here. But one thing I received, and this was about 35 or so years ago --- one thing they gave me was two of these little packages of cigarettes --- a smallish white package of maybe 10 in each and with the little gold chrysanthemum being the only thing you could see on that all white package. So in those days I smoked tobacco off-and-on and eventually I realized I wasn't going to be able to keep those two very special packages without the tobacco going really bad and opened one and fired it up and what a shock --- like no tobacco I'd ever smoked. So super strong. But a good strong, not a bad strong. That might not make sense to some folks, but I have lived in some areas where the nation was just getting back on its feet and the new tobacco companies of that nation were marketing cigarettes that were sort of strong, but rather a bad sort of strong. I figured that special tobacco those royal folks were giving out must be some super high class stuff that most folks never get to smoke.

Another surprise with that special tobacco gift came when I decided to share some of the cigarettes with some pilots in the SDF and the first time when this fella saw where it was coming from --- that little white package --- he handled that one cigarette in such a way it made me sort of scared.

Funny thing, by the way, we used to get small packs of cigarettes in our c-rations some 50 years ago. I doubt the military does that now and probably that royal family stopped handing out that special tobacco. But an interesting experience, to be sure.

Back on topic, when I quit, I just quit. No special tricks, just quit. I think I quit about ten years or so before the lymphoma trouble started about 5 years ago, so probably no connection between the tobacco intake and the cancer. But some docs think I may have had the trouble due to exposure to some chemicals way back when, but no proof of that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    congratulations my dear :worthy:, me consume "just two packs" and I can't stop this damn drug ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Stopped since January 8th 2017

7. olivertwist89

olivertwist89 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2024
    my father quit by using chantix. i quit by slowly reducing.
    smoke every day? one pack a day, lets say? pick one day out of the week to not smoke at all....or even just reduce by one cigarette.
    then make it 2 days. 2 days out of the week you smoke one less cigarette. keep moving up until
    you are up to one week. now, you are at one week, smoking ONE PACK minus ONE CIGARETTE.
    then two cigarettes. keep going.
    once you are at the point where you havent touched any cigarette for at least a week, when you finally do try it again,
    it will taste exactly as it is, the real taste that hides behind the flavor of your favorite brand: the taste of carbon s**t.
    i hope that slightly motivates someone.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I smoked approx. 2 x 50gram tobacco and 1-2gram weed a day for over 30 years, I didn't smoke anything since Jan. 8th 2023 21:26 :D I just quite cold turkey, mind over nicotine and weed :)

9. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Amazing Will.

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Just stubborn as hell :D:D

Nah, just trying to live longer then my mom did, when i survive till March 13. 2024 8:25 AM (age 49 R.I.P.) i will have lived longer as she did and she never could stop smoking.

11. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Should definitely treat your self on March 2024 8:25 AM :clap3:

12. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #432 Dark Dinosaur, Jan 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    I believe god knows how much time you live
    And when your time comes. Smoking or not.
    It's not matter anymore.
    Of course, Smoking is not good for your health
    And if you quit smoking, it's one less problem to worry about
    But I know people who live long years with smoking?!?
    I know about people who die in their early year's cause of other health issues
    Like cancer and other things (heart attack, stroke)
    Life is crazy.

13. Jingzin

Jingzin MDL Senior Member

Nov 10, 2021
    There's no God, well humans invented about 10k of them since cave times none is real.
    we surely arent special nor will live forever smoking or not.
    if someone enjoys it let him smoke if they die of it now or in 20 years of something else they still die.

14. Jingzin

Nov 10, 2021
    Is that even possible ? 2x50g tobacco a day ? I been smoking for 30 years now since i was 12 always the same tobacco but 50g lasts for a week for me.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    At my highest it was 2 x 60gram, but i can't roll very well because of my skin problems in my hands (no fine touch feeling), so i rolled the cigs a bit to strong and at 2/3 it was not smoking well anymore then, putting it out whilst rolling a new one :(

16. Jingzin

Nov 10, 2021
    ok now i understands you was able to make only few tobacco roll-ups out of one bag. I'm doing it the way you been doing it i mean rolling in my hands. tried cigarettes few times but they never tasted the way tobacco does for some reason.
    tried to stop but i never really managed for longer than a few days max week so i guess i will just keep smoking until the end.