Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    never smoked.........
    not even have a wish to do so............

2. Scolova

Scolova MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    (I am not trying to sell a product, just trying to pass-on my experience)

I've smoked for 20+ years and was desperate to quit, tried the gum, patch etc. Earlier this year I watched some youtube videos about electronic-cigarettes and found the e-cigarette-forum (I can remove this if it breaks the rules). I bought a 510-eGo style e-cig starter kit with some e-juice (nicotine liquid), I have not 'smoked' in over two weeks, I am breathing much better, smelling much better as well and I do not cough my lungs up every morning \ evening. I spent a good bit up front (~$250), but I now have enough equipment and e-juice to last me for about a full year of vaping. :) I know it is not quitting 'cold-turkey', but I can lower the nicotine level of my liquid to reduce my dependence as many others have done.

3. free0n

free0n MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    hello, do as I do, ill with a severe form of atypical pneumonia, lie down in hospital a month later rehabilitation 1 month, and stop smoking just want to continue

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Smoking is harmful and will kill you (lessons your life).
    Dont ever smoke weed (Your mind will become useless) trust me i know people that do, they are pathetic!!!

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #105 timesurfer, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    Nature is not the enemy but only those who think themselves above it...lol

[​IMG]

6. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Thinking oneself above the law is not a good example..lol
    Case closed..

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The universal law is limitlessness and freedom hence actually case closed :p

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...What other mind supposedly so would you deal with in an infinite cyclical, now centered, non-linear based universe :eek:

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Sorry fictional big bang coming from a past to a future interpretaion of time...lol...without a unified field theory based theory, so-called investigation...lol

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #110 timesurfer, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    Ok enough off topicness this a serious en-query about people using tabacco which is #1 global killer among things people use like alcohol, sugar, caffeine, etc...

However cannabis still has not been globally attributed to one single death. Whether people are at a different state of mind that some cannot resonate with is a different matter. I believe this thread is to help people recover from tobacco addiction and hence thus any attributed disease. Let's respect members wanting actual help getting off tobacco and extending their lives accordingly!

All tobacco users have my full support in quitting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle

11. Elizabeth74

Elizabeth74 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Motivation is important if you want to kick smoking habit. What ever your motivation is,
    it’s a great goal and it can be obtained. Quitting starts with you, people around you
    can help by supporting you. All you need is self motivation.you will find some motivational
    techniques to keep you going and help you with your new quit smoking resolution.

Keep yourself busy.Keeping busy and active will also help by not allowing your mind
    and body to dwell on the fact you’re quitting smoking.

Goodluck. :)

12. DigitalJammer

DigitalJammer MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    #112 DigitalJammer, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Weird,

I smoked about 15 years and no matter what anyone says I believe all ex smokers are going "cold turkey" no matter if you used patchhess and gum, like I did, or not. There always comes a point where you have to tell yourself you are smoking your last one, then move on to patches, gum, or just never go back. If you start smoking again, STOP again. Never stop stopping. No matter how expensive they et always remember the years you are possibly losing from our lifespan from the habbit and never ever forget thsoee ugly pictures of cancer and never forget it is often smoker's heart or brain that gives up instead of the lungs.

Personally I believe a strong faith helped me, AND the 4MG GUM I chewed. The gum was best for me cuz one could chew it anywhere instead of standing in the ran outside smoking with the 2 other dudes that smoked at 11AM.

We now have Electronic Cigs which are addictive yet are supposed to be the safest and closest thing to smoking- but never forget it is still an addiction you have to feed and it makes it more likely an E-Cig user would bum the real thing if he/she forgot their electronic one which is so much safer- or thy say so.

13. sCooBy^

sCooBy^ MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I like smoke ;)

14. AlexanderPD

AlexanderPD MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2011
  15. Eliseo

Eliseo MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2011
    #115 Eliseo, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    Smoking is bad habit and is difficult to get rid out of this bad habit... But its not impossible...
    Habit can be changed, with other... You can change this bad with new good habits... Try to change this habit... and join good companies of your fellows...

16. Hat

Hat MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm glad there is a thread here for this. I smoked longer than anyone here and I just hope you smart people eventually find our way out of the habit. It is a tough one to kick, and I have kicked a few.

Anything that helps you is good. Patches, vaping, whatever. It can be done.

17. MrT0ad

MrT0ad MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2011
    I was a smoker for 25 years, started as a kid... I've never seen an X-Ray of my lungs and I hope I can spare myself the pleasure :p

I've been smoke free for 4 months now :) but not nicotine free :(

I swapped smoking for vaping. I still get nicotine (although I've gone from 36mg to 11mg), so I'm still clogging my arteries with fatty deposits and other undesirable side effects, but at least my gums and my teeth are healthier, I don't stink, and I presume I've stopped killing the cilia that should be lining my lungs (although I'm not 100% sure about this, maybe once you've killed them they're gone forever) which should over time reduce my chances of lung cancer.

Not ideal, but I tried to quit smoking and failed miserably. Although still an addict at least I'm no longer a smoker :) :)

18. DigitalJammer

DigitalJammer MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Ten years from now I believe all smokers will be using Electronic Cigs, which are more safe. The second hand smoke argument falls flat too with these, as one exhales vapor-steam that evaporates quickly when one exhales. Many doctors are saying it is far safer than real cigs. But the addiction remains. Fewer people should die as a result of E-Cig use.

I fear designer drugs much more, already they have cloned pot (THC) and cocaine- which may be how the star of Two and One Half Men passed his drug test on TV while clearly coked out. Designer Drugs can be stamped out faster than the laws can be made to stop selling them, thus the drug testing will fall behind. With all of the drug attention on prescription drugs, people need to realize that designer drugs are a bigger threat.

E-Cigs will save many lives if smokers switch.

19. qspor

qspor MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2010
    100% quit smoking. But it is dangerous.
    First, find out what you're allergic.
    Call Artificially allergy.
    Allergic attack time is necessary to smoke a few cigarettes.
    Then you have to put out the attack.
    My friend since stopped smoking. Once it starts to smoke him becoming allergic.

20. creamhackered

creamhackered MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    My friends are starting to quit, it's a hard thing to do though.