Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea no one gets sigs in jail...lol

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Lol, been trying to quit ever since this thread started a very long time ago...

Now a days, I'm working out allmost daily, pushing myself to stay in shape, and minding what I do or do not eat.
    But still, I smoke like a chimney.

Still trying to figure out which one is actually useless, the smoking or the work-out o_O

3. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    No joking, this is exactly how I quit

I started smoking when I was 16 & I smoked 1 pk a day, quit when I was 18 with the help of weed

My mom is currently quitting using Champix, so far so good

4. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    Ok i never compleatly stoped smoking, but last half of year im kinda "casual" smoker after 12 years of smoking. Thing about smoking is, one part is nicotine addiction and other part is habbit. First i reduced daily dosage to about 5-6 cigarettes /day, just enought to satisfy my nicotine addiction and i always knew im mentaly strong enough to overcome habbit of smoking every 20min. Then i didnt go out for about 10 days and bum, i managed to achive that i (almost) never think about cigarettes any more because of some sort of "addiction". Catch is, i usualy still light smoke or two on a night when i go out for a couple of beers, but thats not because i would need nicotine, but more because after couple of beers you wanna light a cigarette out of habbit and because you drink few beers and you lower your guard. I probably would manage to overcome this as well with a bit more of a mental strenght, but honestly why bother? I personaly dont care if i light few cigarettes / week in the evening while drinking beer, my main goal was to stop smoking during a day for no reason except addiction.

5. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011

I can say only one thing Control majnu Control ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ft@t@lk

ft@t@lk MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    the timing of me reading this thread is perfect and I appreciate all the tips and comments here

I have had chronic back pain (diagnosed as spondylolysis) for last 10 years; this back pain has affected me in so many ways from performing at my daily job to just plain enjoying life; it has limited my life so much; so today I finally got to meet with a surgeon and he explained to me how the spinal fusion surgery will work and its impacts

in the process he asked me if I smoked and I said yes, all the while thinking what does this have to do with my surgery; he explained that smoking prevents the body from creating more blood platelets which are critical to a successful post-surgery recovery

for the first time in my life I have a reason to quit smoking...I want the back surgery to go 100% and if stopping smoking helps, then it has to be done

Big Tobacco is going to lose one more customer this year lol

never give up the fight on this poison; cigarettes should be outlawed and any government that has its citizens' best interests would illegalize it overnight

cigarettes are drugs and they should be treated like all other drugs , anything less is hypocritical

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Sir007

Sir007 MDL Secret Agent

May 9, 2011
    1 month ago i've stopped to smoke, easy!

8. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    15 months today w/o that s%it, easy! :cool:

9. asmeena

asmeena MDL Novice

May 3, 2011
    #129 asmeena, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    You cannot stop it only if you have self control.

10. andhrew

andhrew MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    i just stopped smoking and no magic ;)

11. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i have stopped smoking ganja for two hours!! :D

12. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    6 months cig free to the day, today for me!!!! my last was on Nov. 10, 2010--just stopped cold turkey and it was no problem, and i had smoked for 11 years at about 1 1/2 packs/day

ganja's another story, but i just recently gave that up too. three weeks and counting.

13. olmer.ua

olmer.ua MDL Novice

May 25, 2011
    had stopped smoking for 6 moths. 6 moths are over, blaah, why did i start smoking again ^( Almost lost hope to quit.

14. nathanial

nathanial MDL Novice

May 21, 2011
    The Best way to quit smoking is to divert mind to other things when you feel smoking like viewing scenries drinking juices etc etc.

15. jojo1254

jojo1254 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2011
    No body can force you to stop it.. Its up to you..

16. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    I stopped before for 18 months and started again - now Im finding it hard to stop. and procrastinating
    I will succeed soon :)

17. dabits

dabits Guest

That's the spirit :good3:

18. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    thnx :)
    we all need all the encouragment we can get.

19. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i think it just requires a firm choice and some simple evaluation of pros and cons, at least that's how i looked at it; well that and i was under heavy conviction in my heart over it...

since it has no pros, the cons always outweigh it, ie. eventually dieing of emphysema / cancer / lung disease / heart disease / etc; feeling of suffocation from not getting enough oxygen; stroke or heart attack from damaged arteries; constant intake of poisonous chemicals that can cause numerous other health problems from a weakened immune system; not to mention the $2737.50/year (@ 1.5 packs/day @ $5.00/pack for me) in just cost; stinky breath and clothes; gummed up pc fans, tar stained walls, etc. (smoking in the home)...

just so many things really that are not worth it in the long run should be enough for anyone to make an educated decision to quit. once these things really got in my head, quitting was no harder than riding a bicycle...

over 7 months cig/nicotine free and counting for me :cool:

20. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    over 16 months and counting ....how about that :cool: