Stop windows waking up for updates

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by atunguyd, Jan 17, 2018.

1. atunguyd

atunguyd MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Can anyone possibly help here? My windows 10 install is regularly waking up in the early hours of the mornings I presume to do updates. Problem is that it doesn't go to sleep after and I wake up to find the PC on. This seems to persist till the PC is rebooted which I seldom do.

I have searched the internet and there is a lot of mention of disabling the Reboot task in "UpdateOrchestrator" which I do (and even change permissions of this task) but every update it is reset back to "Wake the computer to run this task"

This is really annoying

2. David555

David555 MDL Junior Member

Dec 12, 2017
    If you got microphone just say to it "Ffs Cortana go back to sleep Now!" usually it works on my PC.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If You uses default update settings, Your Windows will never wake up to download and install any kind of updates.
    Restore default settings and don't change anything never, if You don't know exactly what are You doing.
    If You have restore default settings, then the computer also goes to sleep after it has been for 15 minutes idle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...