Strange BIOS Fault? Anyone have any ideas??

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Grzyb, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi All,

Couldn't find a working BIOS for a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK E8110 v1.26, so modded my own a few months back....Everything was working OK SLIC 2.1 CERT Etc All OK..Windows 7 Activated....

A couple of weeks ago, the M/B Died so I got a replacement from eBay, fitted it OK, same components etc....

Went to do a BIOS Update, with the Modded One that worked, BIOS Updated OK. No issues to report, But when I run SLIC Dump ToolKit v 3.2 It comes up with a message....

Dump Error ! (SLIC Table Not found ! )

I know the Mod is OK as I've been using it successfully on the OLD M/B that failed....

Anyone got any ideas? Could it be the Age of the M/B?

All help greatly received

Thanks

Grzyb

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    The mod is made from a certain manufacturer's bios revision you must start at that point for mod to be successful.

3. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi,

Thank's for the quick reply....Don't really understand your answer....???

The Original M/B was from a Fujitsu E8110, I fitted the same Manufacture's E8110 M/B into the Laptop casing purchased from eBay...The BIOS was the same one as worked on the Original M/B, I even tried creating a new one, with the RW Report re-generated on the replacement M/B...no joy....Still the same, the Pheonix Mod Tool says eveything was created successfully but still no luck.....

4. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Are you saying Flash with Manufacturer's Original BIOS version 1.26
    then flash again with "Modded" BIOS version 1.26???

5. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    OK Flashed with FUJITSU SIEMEN'S Original BIOS v1.26 from Fujitsu Website, Ran RW-Everything, Generated Report & then used Pheonix Mod Tool v1.42, Dynamic Option as SSV2 came up with an Error saying No Room in Module?

Flashed again with Modified BIOS, Same Error message....Dump Error ! (SLIC Table Not found ! )

So stumped now as to the cause & fix.....

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007

Attached Files:

8. Grzyb

Grzyb MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Hi All,

Finally able to report a Success....

Had to use Phonix Mod Tool v 2.05 & Add a HP Slic 2.1, using SSV2 Method, @ Default Options, then use the Mod Tool again to Add a Fujitsu Siemens SLIC 2.1 from Mod Tool v 1.42 using Dynamic Method. All done on Original version BIOS 1.24 downloaded from Fujitsu Siemens Website....

Thanks for all your help & assistance

:):worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::)

Attached Files:

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i had to do a similar trick once with a HP .. make it think its something else.. then make it go back to its original oem with slic

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I remember that... you modified a HP bios with acer slic first. Then dynamically added HP slic 2.1.

;)