Strange Issue That Occurs Every 2 Weeks On PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Lakerfanalways, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways MDL Member

Oct 27, 2012

K done..did everything you said..now I am back in device manager and it still shows the same update number that I Gave you earlier so not sure if it means I did everything right I sure hope so

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #62 lobo11, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

Ok sounds good will see what happens tomorrow when the technician comes over hopefully everything will work out

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Oh don't worry, if you lose activation. I have stories you can tell activation man at MS about how the other kids at school use to take your lunch money because you weighed 300 pounds, and how losing activation is making you hungry:worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012
    Just wanted to give you all an update, had the tech come here a few days ago, he replaced the video card, well, about 10 minutes ago, the same issue happened again. I called Dell, and the guy said "This is a known issue you need to call microsoft there is a compatibility issue between windows 10 and your video card" so seriously pissed off right now, zero help from dell zero

6. vacaloca

vacaloca MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2008
  7. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

Thing is I did a clean install of windows 10..really doubt the GPU is bad, I mean it just went bad when I installed Windows 10 I find that very hard to believe..either way the technician is coming here tomorrow with the 2nd motherboard this computer has had installed into it..I contacted Dell today since this PC isnt even two years old yet, I talked to a supervisor, he said that if the issue is NOT resolved tomorrow with the motherboard replacement they will consider sending me a new PC because I told them that its ridiculous for a computer to already go bad and its not even two years yet, heck it was already going bad last yr when the first motherboard was replaced

8. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012
    Wanted to give you all an update on my mess of a PC..the technician came today and replaced the motherboard, now the BAD NEWS..the product key for windows 10 is no longer valid and this was from a legit windows 8.1 to windows 10..so now it keeps on saying I need to activate windows 10 that its no longer activated, I call Dell, of course they are ZERO help, they tell me to do a clean install of windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10 and it will be activated I dont know what to do I Really dont want to do that and NO ONE told me that by replacing the motherboard that this would happen

9. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Okay if you have Windows 10 on a UBS stick you can reinstall Windows 10 from the USB.
    Start your system like normal, then once you are logged in and everything is up.
    Plug the USB stick in and start the setup.
    Windows will ask you if you want to upgrade and keep everything.
    Pick next and install.
    It should activate once the install is done.
    By the way you should use your ESD file as your install on the USB.
    You will have to convert it to an ISO before putting it on the USB.
    You can find the ESD converter here on MDL.

10. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

I have windows 10 on a disc..can I do it that way..and if I do, doesnt that mean I will lose everything and it will be like a clean install?

11. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    A Disc will work just fine. Just don't put the disc in until your system is up and running.
    Just like I said with the USB stick.

If you do it like i said you will keep everything. (no you will not lose anything)

12. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

and the PC will once again be activated? so I just pop in the disc, click upgrade and keep everything..I skip the put in the activation product key and then it will load windows 10 just like it looks now or will it look different

13. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    #75 maddog0266, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    No product key.
    It will look as it did.
    I have done it more the once.
    In fact I just did it two days ago.
    Change my mother board to the new Biostar one from an older model.
    Same CPU Intel i7-5960X
    Same Ram
    Same Harddrives
    Same SSD drive.

14. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

I put in the disc, rebooted the PC, it read the disc and I pressed install now..then upgrade and keep all files then I got a "Compatibility issue" warning telling me to take out the disc, reboot the PC and put in the disc when Im on the desktop..does that make sense I dont know how doing that would work and I dont know why it wouldnt upgrade it when I had the disc inside

15. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes that is what you need to do.
    Reboot your PC
    On Desktop, put disc in.
    Start the setup.
    Follow the instructions.
    Pick upgrade.
    Keep everything.

16. Lakerfanalways

Oct 27, 2012

And once I do this I will notice no difference on my PC when it reboots and it will be activated?