Streaming phone audio through computer speakers via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by dstarr3, Nov 24, 2013.

1. dstarr3

dstarr3 MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    #1 dstarr3, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    I see there's a lot of very inexpensive and handy USB bluetooth adapters for PCs and such. And that gives me an idea. I've tried searching for this already, but nobody I've found wants to do exactly what I'm looking for, and I'm wondering if anyone here happens to know how to do what I'm planning.

So, what I want to be able to do is play my phone's audio wirelessly through my computer speakers. I'd mostly use this for watching YouTube in bed while my computer on the other side of the room is playing the audio. Because my computer's speakers are much better than the tiny built-in phone speaker, obviously. A lot of people on the internet want to stream their music from their phone to their computer, but that's not what I'm looking for, as all my the music on my phone came from my computer in the first place. I'd imagine I'd mostly be broadcasting YouTube audio, occasionally NetFlix audio, as well. But no media players, so I'd imagine the simplest thing is to broadcast all of my phone's audio output over bluetooth, to my computer, and through it's speakers. Has anyone done this? Is this possible, is this easily doable, can this be done with any basic USB bluetooth receiver, et cetera?

My phone's a Samsung Infuse running Android 4.3, my computer's running XP for now, sometime next month I'll be on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks!