Stuck on Toshiba Inovation screen HELP! Where can i download windows 8 to fix it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by itspirrip, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah, that would work - just thought I'd save hom the trouble of d/l'ng the wrong version...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    Nothing works :( i dont know what else to do. erased the hard drive and put it back on and i still cannot get anything to work.
    IMG_2811.jpg

4. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    can someone please help :( im using a super slow computer now. the one that broke my dad got it for me for xmas and it was a bit faster...

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    is the bios pointing to boot from the correct harddisk or does the laptop has only on hdd ?

6. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    Im not sure what you mean by that. I'm not really a computer person, I know the basics... I removed the hard drive from the laptop and I erased everything then put it back on. I was able to get to the bios but it doesn't show anything that I could use to bring my laptop back to normal. I had to use the keyboard from my deskstop to be able to use the laptop, for some reason the laptop's keyboard is not being responsive. I see the num lock light on but im not able to do anything

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Hmm i think you could be better of to get help from somebody in your direct environment to come and look at your laptop do you know somebody like that who knows a bit more from computers?

8. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    I'm the only one in my family, I only know stuff for windows 7. I know nothing about windows 8, I just got this laptop last year and its my first windows 8 product and never really liked it.. everything seems just harder to use :( I dont want my parents to pay like $200+ to fix this laptop cause they paid cheap for it

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    #30 Superfly, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah you are right but it is hard to install windows 8.1 if the problem is maybe the hdd just keep trying it is a proces of trial and error eventualy you wil fix it with hellp from the people here :tea:

11. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    So I have to buy windows 8 software to work? :(

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No deffently not but you have to know how to install it

13. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
  14. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    thank you whazzupsuplerfly.
    I did what you told me but now im stuck here IMG_2830.jpg IMG_2830.jpg

15. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    If i was you i would check if the hard disk is correctly placed in the laptop :p

Greetz base

16. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    i did and its not loose or anything.. now when i start the laptop it goes to this message (-_-)

17. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    You got to realize that teh bios needs and harddisk with an operating system on it to boot from. if not you get the error message shown as it is on your laptop.

So the next step is to extract the iso to a bootable usb stick and the you have to reboot from it en follow the setup to install it to your harddisk

18. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    How do I extract the iso? Do I have to download windows 8 iso from somewhere for it to work?