Stuck on Toshiba Inovation screen HELP! Where can i download windows 8 to fix it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by itspirrip, Jun 2, 2014.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Ok there have been numerous suggestions for you in this topic where to download the iso so go figure it out :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    lol ok xD
    I'm trying Lenux Lite

I wanted windows 8 back so it'd be back to the original but its more complicated, idk how to use torret and my internet is not fast enough to download big files xD

I finished installing, everything is okay except that the keyboard is not working :( the touch pad is working just the keyboard that is not working. what should i do?

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    open your laptop and see if the cable of the keyboard is plugged in correctly. I remeber a Sony Vaio with I had many years ago where I replaced the HDD and forgot to reconnect the keyboard inside the cabinet :aerobueke:

4. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    #44 itspirrip, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    (OP)
    The strange thing is that the num lock light is on and it wont turn off even when i press it. does that mean the keyboard is not connected?? also i cannot connect to the internet :( i just tried wi-fi and the cable.. it doesnt work.

update: this is a laptop :( idk how to check which cable is for the keyboard :/

update 2: i restarted the laptop and I got the same black screen message (this product is covered by one or more of the following....)

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I don't know what happened to your laptop but to me it looks like some severe hardware malfunctions. Bad cable or missing contacts et cetera, half plugged in cable or stuff like that. Maybe a transportation issue or a hard drop to the ground, whatever

6. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    I'm not sure whats going on, I turn off the laptop and turn it back on and its back to the black screen and i have to install it again? :confused:

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    as said, I'd blamed it to hardware. Your ram units also can be in a bad shape like not plugged in correctly of just dead. There are many factors that could cause problems like yours

8. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    :( what should i do?
    i only opened the laptop to clan the hard drive and thats it.

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Hm, remote diagnostics into hardware problems is quite impossible. Open the box again and look if you reconnected ALL cable properly best by having a look into the service instructions of the machine to see how it should be done perfectly

10. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    ok... the reason why when i turn off and i get the blackcreen is cause i didnt install it properly, turns out i had to install it again once it launches which im doing it right now. hopefully this time it will work, as for the keyboard it still not working :( so im using my desktop keyboard to type.

i dont know which cable is for the keyboard :( idk if i should try to open it and look around now xD i dont want to make things worse now xD

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #51 PaulDesmond, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    as to my knowledge and experience a flat cable containing at least 6 to 10 very thin wires is soldered to the keyboard unit which can be replaced with another one if defective or other language version needed. The loose end of that flat thing either has a little plug that must be sticked to the appropriate place on the MB or it has no plug at all showing several gold plated open ends that go directly into a slot on the MB. later way was in my Vaio some times ago. If that open end is not inserted fully, contacts are missing and you have no function at all or only limited ones. Num lock issue indicates such bad connection for example

12. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...alright, I'm not going to pussyfoot around and try to butter it up for you. After reading the posts in this 5 page long thread I highly doubt you will be able to resolve the issue(s) yourself. :o_O

Simple question; Is there anybody you know who is more tech savvy and 'knows' her / his way around computers?

13. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Let's make the impossible possible :p :hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    regarding the screen shot of the bios it indicates that the box is not that young any more. Does it run a SATA or still IDE? If IDE make sure it is jumpered to master

15. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    Yes, I wondered about those pictures; I highly doubt windows 8 was originally pre-installed on this box. ;)

Op nowhere mentioned the exact type / model of this Toshiba computer, nobody asked.

Op is obviously tech savvy enough to remove the harddrive, connect it to another computer (desktop? / notebook?) - format etc, etc. but eg. does not know what an .iso is? o_O

Reading the posts in this topic, little adds up. :rolleyes:

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    14 year old bios might even indicate that new os even cannot be installed since some CPU-NX characteristics might be not present et cetera

17. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    Sorry, its a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5103.
    I'm not a tech savy, I have done some computer basic stuff when my windows 7 deskstop crashed (removed the hard drive, clean it and install the stuff back) that cause windows 7 is easier to do stuff. And I have also done some stuff on my ps3 like fix the ylod and stuff xD but i dont know anything about windows 8. i dont really know iso cause i rarely download stuff in that format and i never used uturret before o_O

Update: i opened the laptop looked for the cables, they all seem connected.. theres nothing loose. i cleaned the dust in the laptop and put everything back on and i still cannot get the keyboard to work.

When i turn on the laptop i see the num lock light on but this time the lights goes off and when i press the num lock nothing happens

18. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    i still cannot get the keyboard to work :(
    also idk what to install in linux lite. i googled some internet security stuff but idk whats good for it... how can i install itunes?

19. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
  20. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    what does OT means? i read in a different site that the hard drive could be corrupted so i wiped it and put it back on. i did that before when my deskstop would go back, i wipe everything and install the stuff back

im going to ask if my parents kept the receipt for the laptop and see if i can get some help from toshiba for free.

its my first time using linux, i dont know much about this os.. it seems to limited, i cant find any good software to install it. i really need itunes for my music and apps