Stuck on Toshiba Inovation screen HELP! Where can i download windows 8 to fix it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by itspirrip, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    OT means off topic. :D

...don't know 'what you've been reading on other sites, lol.

Btw. Asking your parents for the receipt sounds like a smart idea; Check if the machine is still under warranty.
    ...as some people already mentioned there are indications for hardware failure.

Now let asume for a moment there is NO hardware failure... You should be able to do a fresh install via DVD or pendrive using the correct version of Windows.
    *...depends on the geographical location; where the machine was bought*.
    In my country these days most machines come pre-installed with Windows 8.x Core version.

2. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    #62 RJARRRPCGP, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Sounds like a laptop I was working on months ago..... It had the pre-8.1 Windows 8 and doing a factory recovery took forever! Like XP with only 64 MB of RAM! It was a Toshiba laptop with an AMD E350! Windows at times felt like I was running XP with only 64 MB of RAM!

And sometimes felt like running Windows 95 on a 386 with only 4 MB of RAM!
    Sometimes, it acted like the HDD was in PIO mode. (Only 4 MB/s or close to that) (Feels like copying large files to a USB pen drive!) WTF!

IIRC, it sometimes froze at the familiar Windows 8 animation, which reminds me of the European Union flag.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    Posting for posting's sake? Please explain how your contribution is helpful sorting OPs problem? :confused: