Students and professors of Philosophical Faculty, Zagreb, need your help!

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 gorski, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Potpisite, molim.../Sign, please...

Potpisnici pisma podrške studentima i profesorima FFZG-a – Kulturnjaci 2016

Open Letter in Solidarity with the Students and Professors of the Zagreb Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences – Kulturnjaci 2016

Bivsi predsjednik KSINFIS-a (kluba studenata i nastavnika filozofije i sociologije)/Ex-president of Club of students and professors of philosophy and sociology, at Philosophical Faculty, University of Zagreb

ja/me... [​IMG]

Hvala!/Ta!

P.S. The first signatory is David Harvey, the last (as of this moment) me... :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    We are being dominated by world corporate, that looks to exploit every monetary value it can get from anything it can.
    How does one plan to combat this atrocity? Crying about it won't get you very far

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    M8, you are now talking through your arse (no offence).

This has nothing to do with corporations but strictly politics, ideology, worldview, religion etc.

No offence intended, no patronising at all meant - but this has to be said: as a political phenomenon, this can only be tackled politically, i.e. using pressure from all corners of the world, in order to make the necessary changes in various spheres of Croat society.

I hope you understand it now... :)

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Your signing something that states you want "academic freedoms, free research and thinking"
    Who do you think is behind the power that is limiting all these freedoms you want? Your politics are governed by financial gain.

Keep your blinders on and keep crying (no offence)

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Again, you have no idea... but you have your hard stance on it... Ahem...

The Philosophical Faculty was shoved into the arms of Theological Faculty, through a mixture of right wing politics (now we are talking of two Science and Education ministers in the Cro gov in a row, from philo-fascist circles), in connection with Catholic Church, due to a very ambitious rector, who wanted to further his career in this regard, and so he needed support from the Senate Catholic members, who gave him what he wanted, with strings attached, hence he gives in to an idea of "marrying" Philosophical Faculty with the Theological counterpart, thereby plunging Croatia into Middle Ages - nothing to do whatsoever with corporations, which you shoved into this by force, from the only thing you know and not reading the letter carefully...

Achhh, never mind, if you do not see it by now - you never will...

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Thank you for the posting a link to that letter, I did not see the link before.
    But don't believe there's nothing being done without some type of financial gain for those that are seeking more power.
    It's the reason that makes sh!t happen

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Aaa, that explains it...

Sure, one's advantage without considering the consequences on the wider stage - sociopathy, no doubt about it. Or stupidity of the utmost kind. Or "convictions", in which case how the fook did he get there...???!!!???

And here we are at the beginning: how on Earth are such people getting into those positions of power and influence?!?

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Lovely, our saviour has found another cause...

Givem the fact that Trump sits next to a ceratin button and a fellow called Mad Dog is the one is his assistent, are you sure that there are not a few more things happening that might require some more attention, than a philosophy department you know nothing about?

Let me answer that, no, the one thing that you belkive in, that is the one...
    (No answer necessary I will not return)

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #9 gorski, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    (OP)
    You really are an f*ing moron.:clap:

Not only did I study there but I used to be a president of the club of students and professors of philosophy and sociology (KSINFIS, as stated in my first post). You really are missing a few screws and planks upstairs...:p (Jeez, what sort of "philosophy" were you teaching to ANYONE at all, never mind in the USofA?!? :confused: )

Go drink some more... You are suffering a lot, obviously, so you need it...:rolleyes:

P.S. My professors used to take me out for a drink, they'd invite me to their homes, gave me jolly good references when I needed them, moreover I used to go around ex-YU and bring professors from all over ex-YU to lecture at ZG, when it really mattered I was a part of a ex-YU-wide pro-democracy movement, started by my professors, risking quite a bit back then, I know very well many, many people there, from academia, to NGOs and even government/political parties, some of my ex-colleagues are now teaching at the Phil. Faculty etc. etc. Oych, what a numpty...:rolleyes:

10. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    ...... and on that note the thread shall be closed. Do feel free to sign though. See post #1