[No more maintained] SUMo - Software Update Monitor

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Kyle_Katarn, May 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    I have yet to see SUMO offering a giveaway... Since you use MDL to post updates for SUMO, then why not offer these SUMO giveaways here also whenever they are offered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn MDL Member

May 24, 2018
    Because we do not permently offer giveaway !

3. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    it's ok to ignore my (constructive) comment as you did...but please don't spread lies here.
    When you force people to update to new version, it's not really called giveaway but a trial (ok, a "full functioning" trial)
    But at one point the program won't work anymore and exit on launch.

2 days ago :
    Now :
    which on is it ??

And this is also not true.
    You know the expression: Link to it or it doesn't exist!

No offense intended at all, but...yeah.

ps: Your program is good...although all the imperfections I've pointed out (for nothing it seems). You just need make the switch in your brain now ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn MDL Member

May 24, 2018
    Sorry, I was probably not clear in my reply... not ignoring your feedback.

I did some giveaway for the 5.8.x branch, without time limitation, which allowed users to enjoy all updates up to 5.8.12 and allow them to stay on this version as long as they want. This is usually consider as a nicer offer compared to 21 days trial.
    Now 5.9 is out, with new features and I do not intend to "give it away" in this way (all sub-versions, unlimited time) for the time being.

I hope it's clearer now
    Have a nice day !

5. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Then OFFER the 14-21 day TRIAL and forget the Giveaway... Not to worry, I will NEVER puchase SUMO unless I can TEST it to decide IF it's actually worth purchasing... You are NOT reading or comprehending these recent post... You make EXCUSES but no REMEDY...

6. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    #46 Thomas Dubreuil, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    @Kyle_Katarn What about all those sub-apps/binaries belonging to a "main" app ?
    Are you sure it's useful/safe to update them?
    What about the sub-apps/binaries up to date for that "main" app but using same name/different version in another main app (like adobe, acronis, malwarebytes, steinberg, magix, you name it products)
    What about the applications/drivers totally irrelevants for my system/board?

All that gives you a good rate of detection (sales yeah) but in the mean time an awful rate of false positives...

Why propose again V2.3 v2.4 v2.5 v2.6 etc...when I already put in ignore list v2.0 (and v2.1 etc.)
    Would it not be better to add ability to ignore all feature versions once you ignored once?

What about your fake "download" download button "adware" style ?
    I mean this
    15-06-2019_ 0h57m43s.png
    going there
    15-06-2019_ 0h58m00s.png

ahah after a few seconds the above 1st page redirecting to .
    15-06-2019_ 0h58m48s.png
    wow this is new one...never seen before
    You have to click link super super fast!!!

So, yes, ALL this I commented already (less the last discovery), even took the time for a brainstorming and to make a long post, to help you (and all of us here) in a constructive manner,
    but you haven't replied any of it, yes ignored...
    Just proposed discounts and talked about licenses. This is a tech site, not a download/apps website for your information.
    But I don't care anymore, now that I made my opinion about the personality behind.
    That was my last post here, don't worry.

7. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn MDL Member

May 24, 2018