Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, worst Smash ever made!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RideTheLightning, Jan 7, 2019.

1. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning MDL Member

Sep 20, 2018
    I've been playing Smash since N64 and have loved everything with the franchise since day 1, that is until Ultimate landed in my mailbox.

Can't really believe all the praise and good reviews this game is getting, it's a barren wasteland of what Smash used to be with all the fun content stripped out (No more Home Run Contest, no more Target Blast, no more fun)

You got Smash, Spirits (An adventure mode that sucks balls compared to Brawls Subspace Emissary), Games & More (which by the way is rather empty) and not much else.

65 dollars down the drain and I even bought the Smash GameCube controller for 40 dollars which also was a letdown.

Basically, Ultimate is a watered down and content stripped version of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U which I'll play any day of the week.

One last thing I have to complain about Ultimate is the difficulty, Novice difficulty is brutally hammering me like it would on Very Hard difficulty.

The CPU wins like nothing on Novice, Novice is supposed to be Easy, what happened to the balance?

I'm 33 years old and I basically had it with this game and it's unfair difficulty so I ripped it out from the Switch and looked the other way with a bitter after taste in my gaming soul.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this piece of s**t (AVGN Certified), stick to the classics (Melee, Brawl and Wii U)