Support ends in a few months, where to go next?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kim100, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Despite all their efforts to push 10, that's still pretty much. 10 could have been made a decent OS (Win7 on steroids), but instead, they loaded it with all sorts of hipster crap. I have no idea how I should take that abomination seriously.

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    All M$ has to do is remove the adware and tracking from 10, and they will have a solid hit. I don't like Cortana but I can shut her up too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    As they are not morons, they must have been thinking a long time about the decision to push the free W10. They have taken a look at Facebook and realized that in the end data will be worth a lot more money, than selling a new OS. As the majority of people will always be sheep, that plan worked. But, just to make life more difficult for those who refuse, they invented that game with Win7. I am quite certain a few years after the end of even EOS, they will come up with a little piece of malware to be injected into those who stubbornly refuse to follow MSs businessplan...

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Making stuff costs money and eats the profits. advertise stuff other people make equals higher profits.
    Why make s**t when you can advertise other peoples.

6. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    #47 rayleigh_otter, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    @CEW It bloody well works on the i3 UHD 630 :clap3:
    Ive got Intel Control Panel and Aero, wont bother trying it on UHD 610 cos if it works on 630 it should do on 610. It should work on any 9th gen igpu too :clap3:

You have got to use "have disk" then browse to the inf, it wont install using browse as normal. Setup complains it isnt digitally signed so may be a good idea to disable driver signing beforehand.

Thank you CEW :worthy::worthy::worthy:

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I agree, When M$ made an o.s. before W8, they were done except for updates, no more profits from after that sale. Now M$ gives it (the o.s.) away and makes continuous profits from shareware, adware and tracking. M$ still makes $$$ from it's office products, hardware and copyrights.

I'd like to know if M$ will someday offer a yearly subscription for it's o.s. that would be shareware/adware free, as they currently do with it's office 365

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  9. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    #50 rayleigh_otter, Aug 31, 2019
    Windows 7 will die out when there isnt any hardware it will run on, new versions of programs wont run on it or if ms slip a kill switch in. there are still die hards trying to get xp running on newer hardware and a ton of older machines that still run it. I was lucky on the H310C thanks to intel having usb3/xhci drivers for it. Granted it wont be for everyone but it is for me and will be for others so as long as my hardware keeps ticking i will run windows 7 and debian for internet.

Now i crossed that age line my hardware could outlive me :biggrin:
    There is a guy on yoopoop who bought a brand new(old stock) never opened ibm pc from years back manuals still in their cellofane. Granted hardware was better built back then but you can be lucky and if i stock up a bit i could be using windows 7 until im EOL. :laie:

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #51 Joe C, Aug 31, 2019
    I know. I too am in the same place. I know what you think of higher powers other than mankind itself, Consider that possibility of a higher power spiritually.
    I know of a client that still runs XP on their POS (point of sale). They do not want to spend the massive amounts of time and $$$ to upgrade and recount/add all the stock into another database. They are not on line, but the credit card sales still go through a dial up modem (very slow). Their POS support and myself have stated they need to upgrade but the owner is stubborn

11. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    Not a higher power but genetics. dicky tickers run in my family, actually they dont :laie: or sleep apnea might finish me off.
    Im windows 7 till im EOL :biggrin:

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Enough of life matters...
    This person with a business had an offer from Comcast to get a great deal of internet installed in their business. They called me to see if it was feasible... I said no. You can not run XP computers on line, but if you wanted wireless in the building for customers that would be o.k.
    They turned down the Concast offer

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Concast... :laie:

14. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #55 CEW, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Thnaks for leeting us know.
    There is reg file with it. 安装前先导入注册表.reg It is s system certificate

In English that says "Import to registry before installation"

coffelake-regfile - Copy.jpg

15. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
  16. River25

River25 MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2018
    I can't stop dualbooting Windows XP and Windows 8.1 on my second machine..
    I really wanted to ditch Windows XP, but I can't because the company I work for still uses AutoCAD Land Desktop 2004 and ArcView 3.3...
    Just impossible.

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    There is nothing wrong with using XP, as long as you do not go on line with it. It was a better o.s. compared to 98SE

18. FreeWare4Life

FreeWare4Life MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2016
    Shhh dont give them any more ideas lol

19. FreeWare4Life

FreeWare4Life MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2016