"Surface 2" (RT) - Replace Windows RT 8.1 with Windows 10 arm

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by itsmemario1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
  2. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    above is for latest devices as surface rt/rt 2 were only 32 bit and can't run arm64 so only that initial leak of windows 10 on arm which is complete garbage, like an alpha release, not even proper beta with all the fixes and updates that happen monthly, yearly, etc; oh well still more of a paperweight till 2023 with monthly updates and patches but still useless with no real browser updates unless someone compiles edge/chrome/firefox to work; even better would have been if linux can boot live off the usb port to give some life

3. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    I tried so far :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Control Panel>Desktop>PaintDesktopVersion and set it to "1"...it was at "0" already

So that did not help.

I tried overwriting the wallpaper JPG-file in "CachedFiles" within folder "%appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes"

Which also did not help, but mess up the wallpaper itself.

Editing the cached wallpaper with paint does NOT show the watermark.

So I went to "Ease of access" and checked "Remove background images (where available)"...you get a black background WITHOUT the watermark...not a final solution.

I didnt mess with "shell32.dll.mui" and "basebrd.dll.mui" yet...as I did not find a solution for the ARM version... (?)

How to get rid of the watermark in this ARM version ?

4. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    1 year later, the "activated" Office decided to suddenly turn back into its original Language, beeing Indonesian.

It still shows "Jerman" (German) in the Language menu as the 1st and used language...but uses Indonesian and wont let me change it.

I mean, I can select another language, restart Word/Excel, but it will stay Indonesian.

Pembaruan terkini ! ;)

5. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012