Switching DNS Server to Google`s speeds up the internet connection.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Hannibal Lecter, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    I found some stuff about changing to Google DNS Server. Everybody seems to agree, that it will speed up the computer.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PKlQyAezrs&feature=youtu.be

1st question:
    But.... what exactly does this mean for my computer, in the year 2014 of our Lord NSA, when it is "hooked up" to Google like this?:eek:

2nd question:
    If the disadvantages with Google are big, are there other servers that will do the same thing about speed, but do not have the consequences Google will?:confused:

2. Scorpion931024

Scorpion931024 MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2014

I approve google DNS servers response queries a little bit faster... but it has nothing to do with your bandwidth! I prefer OpenDNS, and it benefits more security related technologies I guess... but with a slower response.... the answer to why is: "guess who is the big guy devouring the web??" and they are 1 of the companies limited to number of our 1or2 hand(s) fingers who own 10million$ Quantum processors which means they can not even show you what your queried domain name's IP is, but even what IP your Alternate character in parallel universe is browsing :cool: it may appear like this in digital encrypted style 2001:49f0:1024::101 :p
    but joke aside, really... what makes a difference? 1/100 sec in comparison with 1 sec?? we're living with "CLOCK" not "CHRONOMETER" :)
    BTW we're discussing the BROWSING which reminds the fact we visit our favorite sites 80% of times at least and there's a bunch of cache for all your DNS records...even Firefox caches name spaces!! o_O
    so if your friend just PMed you "Hey, did you see this guy?? he's a total asshole!" and sent you a link of s**t hole video streaming site you had no idea it even existed(!) you just have to wait 1 more second for FQDN to be resolved!
    and forget about NSA guys, they can read what you browse anyway (unfortunately they've got Quantum processors too! o_O)... but if you ever wanted to die trying, you can use Jap/Jondo or Tor with JondoFox profile.

3. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014

our isp's block some sites so with other dns server we can access them if you dont like google try open dns or other just search the internet there are so many options to choose from ;)

4. mackphx

mackphx MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2013
    #4 mackphx, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Use the open-source program "namebench" it can find the fastest DNS server in your area. Versions for most OS's.

5. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Sorry about being late..

:eek:

I have been afc until yesterday in Europe, without this computer..

Thanks for your answers

6. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #7 CODYQX4, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019