Synaptics generic drivers with scrybe

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by todo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. todo

todo MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2010
    #1 todo, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. eltrkbrd

eltrkbrd MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Two Finger Middle Tap Click with latest Synaptics Drivers

Middle Tap Click with the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers for Windows 7 x32 / x64.

By default there is no middle click tap option. I was able to successfully get the two finger middle tap click working by simply going into the Windows 7 registry (start | regedit) and then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults and right click to add a DWORD (32-bit) Value with the name “2FingerTapAction” (without quotes) and a value of 4.

Verified working on a Dell Inspiron N4010 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

It only takes seconds and proves very useful when using Firefox for example to two finger tap a link (middle click) to open links in a new tab.

I hope this helps someone out there trying to get two finger tap middle click working with the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.

Latest drivers available here:
    synaptics.com/resources/drivers

Enjoy!

Re: mydigitallife.net/enable-multi-touch-gesture-finger-scroll-momentum-and-chiralmotion-on-synaptics-touchpad-in-windows-7vistaxpserver/

3. Germanese

Germanese MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    Not sure if this is part of the issue u had maybe ?
    My laptop has 2-3 generation of it and all three use 3 different drivers.
    Instead of Synaptics i had to ETDWare from ELAN

Works nicely =) as smooth as on my mac but with out the Rubber band bounce that apple trying to patent LOL