System restore taking too long

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Pasta88, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I am in the process of doing a system restore on windows 10 pro. It has been running for 1.5 hours which seems way too long to me. I have a 250GB SDD and 166 of it used on system files, data and what not. IS IT ok to end this with a hard reboot without any issues? If there are issues, is there an easy way to fix them?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    System restore can take up to 4 hours in some cases

4. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Pasta88 ...... why are you trying to do a ' system restore ' ? ...... and what do you hope to get from it ?

My opiniion ---- > System restore is a stupid idea and a total waste of time and space . Why to use it ? Because the user has messed something up ......... and then he expects system restore to fix it ? .......... but ......... was it a malware problem ? .......... and someone wants to ' repair ' their computer with a restore point thats stored on C ? ........... gambling that the virus isnt also in the restore point ? .......... or use the sytem restore point because the user has f**ked up ...... and then gambles that the restore point will fix it ?

Better strategy is ........... keep C small ...... dont store your things on C ........ make backup copys of C before you go into the net and store them on an external hard disk = You can put a clean copy back in again in a few minutes ...... and you know that that copy will work and isnt messed up or contaminated :) ...... and also make copys of your work .