Tablet question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ciscokid, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I have a tablet with Windows 10 Home on it from the factory. If I install Windows 10 Pro on it as a clean install, will it keep the entitlement? I'm only asking because I would be installing a different version of Windows 10 than what came with it.

I know you can upgrade with a Pro key but it has a boatload of crappy software on it installed at the factory, I want to start clean.

Thanks guys.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I would be very careful with that!!

At least, first things I would do is to save all driver to a external Storage. Using Windows PowerShell for that you could easy do that job. Just open PowerShell and type the command:

Code:
    Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination D:\driverBackup (where D:\ is your external storage device)

That will write all Windows driver to your external storage in full details.

All other drivers, you may have to save extra, so be carefully what you're doing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The 10 oem:Dm key is only for the pre-installed windows version, in this case 10 Home.

4. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Ok thanks for the info guys