Taking control of 'We're Getting Your PC Ready'

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mr Jinje, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Bingo, Gringo

yep, fix the space in 'Windows NT'

2. athene

athene MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2012
    Or press Ctrl+Alt+Esc on "Hi" screen for show TaskManager and Desktop starts directly :cool:

3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Yup, the space makes it work as advertised. I'll edit it so its flaw free in case someone cuts and pastes it without reading.
    Im usually taking the "Hi" screens advice when it happens, if you get my drift :) I would rather fix my 700 line autounattend file and just forget about it forever, as its purpose is to avoid hitting buttons. Very nice find Mr J by the way. A very easy and elegant solution. Unfortunately, im running out of things to fix in Win8 now :)

4. upfreak93

upfreak93 MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    no comments just enjoying them:popcorn:

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #45 Mr Jinje, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks, but lets keep on topic from here on out. Don't want you riling up the masses.

@Everyone: I'm still interested in any information on altering the text or modding the animation.

Also, if you dig back to Phailyoor's post, he originally noted the disable animation bit, but the thread had degenerated and nobody caught it at the time.

6. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    I forgot to check this thread for the last week, but now I see there's a solution!!? Thanks a lot for your Autounattend.xml addition!!!
    I tested it and it worked, but only after I added the corresponding <RunSynchronous> tag (missing twice from your example in #41). Add it right after the two <componentname...> tags.

Thanks so much!!!! What's the point of an animation in an unattended setup, anyway...? :g:

7. allow

allow MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    #47 allow, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    the code from post 40 did not work for me...after some googling i canged the regkey and now it works:
    Code:
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon"

was changed to

Code:
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"

8. Papus96

Papus96 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    Mr Jinje,
    Is there a way to skip the serial number? Also, where exactly should I put your code to skip the "Hi" screen? No matter what I do, I get an error (using the x86 example from the other site you post on).

Bummer, I can't make this reply fancy because I have less then 20 posts.

Thanks!!

9. Papus96

Papus96 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    Finally!! I figured out my problem.

I have my Win8 with all the tools/programs to auto install from DVD/USB and would like to choose from multiple answer files, how can this be achieved? Lets say - option to choose from regular, audit and customized.

Did not know where to post this; mods, if this needs to be moved please do so.

Thanks!!