1. eagleeyez

eagleeyez MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2015
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    What do You need? Nothing not possible understand.
    Taskbar doesn't need any kind of activation.
    1. What is your problem - ask in a concise and clear way. Add a screenshot if possible;
    2. What kind of help do You need? Also try write very briefly and clearly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    and that old program is not designed for modern versions of Windows as OP did not mention what version of Windows being used

pretty hard to follow what exactly he wants

4. eagleeyez

eagleeyez MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2015
    The problem is simple, when you have a program that works in fullscreen or top most (and sometimes not even that) or in another case when the taskbar is shown because of a notification then it become capricious and stubborn (it will refuse to hide or unhide)...

I tried to explain the issue concisely but I know nowadays people tend to find more than 5 phrases annoying and not worth reading... I offered my partial solution otherwise with a guide on how to use it if anyone is wondering but I also explained why it's not a perfect one and it's now working in some cases...

What I need is find a better solution or maybe someone can come up with a new software that can solve this issue (taskbar autohide/topmost problem)

5. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    ok but you still did not tell us what version of Windows you are running when encountering the taskbar problem

use either msinfo32.exe or winver.exe to determine Windows version if you do not know

@kaljukass: did you understand what OP was saying now?

6. eagleeyez

eagleeyez MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2015
    I said that it affects all windows version since 95... but to answer your question I am using Windows 10 insider preview RS5 and it's of course not solved yet and doesn't seem that there is any intent from MS to solve it.