tell us about your country

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustCactus, Mar 26, 2012.

1. JustCactus

JustCactus MDL Junior Member

Mar 25, 2012
    I know that here (in MDL) there are a lot of people from different countries and continents and I thought of an idea, that everyone can tell us about their countries (traditions, national food, costume).About national flag, symbolic, coat of arms and etc. It would be great if with photos/pictures.So that we can know more about our world!:biggrin:

Let me begin, I’m from Estonia.:naughty:

It is very small country, but very beautiful and interesting.

Capital city of our country is Tallinn. It has beatiful countryside. In fields there is a lot of big rocks. We have a legend, that rocks grew on our fields, because when climate changed,ground had taken lower, and rocks appeared on the ground.

In our capital city we have beatiful old town! It's very mysterious place… and so nice. A lot of museums, viewpoint (from where you can see all old town),old buildings. Our buildings in old town have a red tile roof and it gives special charm for our city.

Every Estonian city has it's own traditional suit.
    Our national food is: Baltic herring, bloody sausages, Mulk Cabbage (Estonian -mulgi kapsas).
    Our flag is from blue, black and white colors.
    View attachment 14597

National bird is swallow.
    View attachment 14595
    National flower is knapweed.
    View attachment 14596
    Our coat of arm
    View attachment 14598
    Sorry for any grammar mistakes. :)
    Looking forward to hear about other countries. :)

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm from India i.e Republic of India, which is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by geographical area, the second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people, and the most populous democracy in the world.

Capital city is New Delhi, based on a very old & historic place, Delhi.

Our national flag:
    [​IMG]

National bird is Peacock:
    [​IMG]

National flower is Lotus:
    [​IMG]

Emblem is
    [​IMG]

Some other members from India are acyuta, Deb_Rider, kumeipark, pkaji123, venu, Windows vNext etc... :)

3. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    #4 Nawzil, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012