TFGHT is Missing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by whoryder, Apr 21, 2010.

1. whoryder

whoryder MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2010
    #1 whoryder, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    I just used Slic and on a newly installed Windows 7 Ult. and now i'm getting a TFGHT is missing.... when booting up.

This is a Dell Vostro 1220, 300GB HD, 4gig RAM...

I ran the Windows 7 Fix Boot and i got No Problems Were Detected. But still get this error. Anyway around this? I cannot get into Safe mode...

But i can get the machine to boot off the USB thumb drive (Windows 7) ideas?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. whoryder

whoryder MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2010
    So you suggest i reinstall and use the Activation Mode: Bootloader (Zsmin) Bootloader: Normal: Option: Default?

thanks... i backed up all my stuff so formatting wont be an issue.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I have never used loader so i don't actually know which one you are referring to i would though suggest only one's developed on this forum i,e Daz's for example.

5. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I think it would be worth the time and effort to look into a BIOS mod for that system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #7 MasterDisaster, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. zpa43d

zpa43d MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    My machine is now locked in a loop - all it will do on restart is display the error msg "TFGHT is missing".
    I downloaded a clean version of the W7LXE loader (an exe file and a language pack folder) but how do I execute the W7LXE file with no OS running and a machine that will not boot?

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Didn't see if you used info MasterDisaster gave you? Please respond

9. zpa43d

zpa43d MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    #10 zpa43d, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
    I've only just managed to get a cmd window open by rebooting from the Win7 AIO disc and opting to do a repair.

Is the problem to do with the partitions and the location of the installed OS?

The machine I have is a Thinkpad so it has a recovery partition. It was wiped when I had it.

Win7 Ult. was installed onto E:\ - that is where I see the Program Files, Users and Windows folders.

You suggest I run the BootRec commands from e:?

Maybe I should re-install and try and get rid of the other partition.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I think when your in winRE or win PE you are always in the local disk/active partition so just get to recovery console cmd prompt and do those cmds then reboot and see if your bootrec is rebuilt?

11. zpa43d

zpa43d MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    /FixMbr and FixBoot both run successfully but the last one /RebuildBcd reports the following:-

Scanning all discs for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] E:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A):

I reply Y (or A) and get the response:-
    The requested system device cannot be found.

Rebooting I now get a Windows Boot manager screen..
    1) Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2) Choose your language settings..
    3) Click "Repair your computer"

File: \Boot\BCD
    Status 0x000000f
    Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I put the AIO disc back in and hit enter to continue.. after reboot I opted to Repair and the machine rebooted and came back up with Windows 7 running.. so looks very promising but experience teaches me not to be too hasty. Anyway I'm tired and it's late - thanks very much for the support.

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Did you say that you were not able to boot into repair mode with your install disk?

13. zpa43d

zpa43d MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    Sorry if there's any misunderstanding - I can use the AIO disc to boot and I can opt to Repair.

Any idea if there would any problems if I want to install a licensed copy - would a repair from a genuine installation disc work or would I have to completely un-install then reinstall?

14. All4you

All4you MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    #15 All4you, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    1. Start Recovery Console
    2. enter: bootsect /NT60 SYS
    3. restart