The Best Security Suite for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TecMan, Jul 26, 2015.

1. garybb

garybb MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2015
    Panda antivirus free with malwarebytes and a few browser plugins.

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #42 nexus76, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #44 nexus76, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    There is an ESET Smart Security v9 Beta right? But isn't there a problem where you can never activate it or get the updates cos' it continually says "Couldn't reach update server" or such like?

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    What's with you guys these days? I can't believe how a simple thread gets hijacked my people calling to "close the thread" & calling people stupid.
    If you don't have anything worth adding, just ignore it. Far out.

PS I'm still using eset but have self defense disabled. Every now & again I'm getting "HIPS Communication with driver failed. HIPS is inactive".
    Looking forward to an updated version...

6. fedewt

fedewt MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I used eset security endpoint and have same issue with HIPS.

7. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  8. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    No one has called for or asked for the thread to be closed. In my post I mentioned how these "Which is the best AV" usually get binned at MDL. But no one asked for the thread to be closed/binned.

10. vOzer

vOzer MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    iam using Comodo Antivirus :)

11. zwanderer

zwanderer MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    AVs are like condoms. Sure, it may save you when you go out to f#ck w#ores, but in the end you're entrusting your health on a piece of rubber that can fail. Healthier sexual habits are way more effective...

Having said that, most of my security needs are fulfilled by my router, where I run a proper firewall, a transparent filtering proxy and a local dns server that blocks domains of known offenders...

12. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
  13. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#56 AcuraTML, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    The Best Security Suite for Windows 10?

Well just good old common sense in other words if you ever need to think twice or have a ill feeling about doing something through out the web, (just don't do it) keep far away from questionable web sites and forums and downloading software that is dangerous in every aspect for your own personal taste and life.

If you take part of my suggestion or all if it above you will have no issues or problems regarding being hacked and long term problems, the internet today is a very well monitored tool and only will get a-lot more tighter as new security tools get put in place by each and every service provider, and government.

It's not worth it, do the right thing and use common sense that's the best, The Best Security Suite for Windows 10 and any older versions of Windows and Mac and Linux Systems

Just Use Common Sense At All Times.

Don't think a second Hotspot Shields and VPN Software help you become invisible in todays web surfing, when you get flagged it will not be fun and then your nightmare begins :(

Don't Risk It Be Very Wise! When You Log On To The World Wide Web In This Times....

14. 641498661

641498661 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
    ESET is better than others

15. dilexman

dilexman MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    At the moment avast is supported for win 10.

16. dynAdZ

dynAdZ MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2015
    First post = best post :D

17. cbutters

cbutters MDL Junior Member

Oct 17, 2007
    The answer for me is using a virtual machine to do all your downloading and browsing with a snapshot to revert to after every session, as you get your files and content place them on a network drive. I personally disable realtime scanning of Windows defender for speed purposes on the actual box.

-VM w/ snapshots as a download/ browsing box
    -Clean install windows every month/quarter (this is just me)
    -Malwarebytes if you suspect something
    -Defender on, but disable realtime scanning.