The Best Security Suite for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TecMan, Jul 26, 2015.

1. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I installed Malwarebytes FREE and it disabled/greyed out Windows Defender . Can't enable it again. I tried uninstalling Malwarebytes and reboot
    Windows defender is still greyed out.

2. bimani

bimani Guest

just my 2 cents

i do not think Malwarebytes is responsible for this :tea:

Malwarebytes is an add on / companion / secondary protection which goes hand-in-hand with all AV products.

3. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Strange. It happenned immediately after installing Malwaerbytes. Anyway to enable back Defender

4. bimani

bimani Guest

:rofl: ditto for qihoo :D

5. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks. I'll give it a try

6. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    the de-bloat powershell is very nice... Why no mention of it in this fórum???

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe it should be mentioned: Any even latest Version and also Database Updates for any Security Software is already 'old' at the moment it is placed on the public Internet!!

The fact simply is, serious Updates could only be posted AFTER the bad Virus etc. already running, tested and found any way to detect it!

But, and bout that some should also think about:
    "Some years ago there was a report from an intl. security Developer, which claimed that some of those Viruses etc. are developed from Developers of Anti Virus Application because I would be simply impossible that an Anti Virus apps for to prevent the run of a specific virus, could be posted on the Internet even before that virus were ever detected. Only the Developer of those specific Virus would have been able to do such!"

Those Anti AV etc. Business is huge with a lot of money involved!

True or nor true? Possible or not possible? You judge!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bimani

bimani Guest

very true & definitely possible :tea:

9. anxiousape

anxiousape MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    #151 anxiousape, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    I use default Windows Defender. I also use WFC (Windows Firewall Control) that's basically a front-end for Windows firewall. It lets me know whenever an installer tries to download a toolbar. Or some toolbar exe tries to download itself after another software is installed. I enjoy knowing/allowing which programs want access to the internet, although some people may find it frustrating. Not to mention uBlock for the browser.

Hosts
    I use these host lists h**p://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=hosts&mimetype=plaintext, h**p://adaway.org/hosts.txt, h**p://sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts. For me personally 9/10 of the internet nastiness is removed. Hostman and Hostserver can be used to block hosts in Windows. I use them router side however.

Backup
    I do have malwarebytes and/or spybot installed, just in case, because some malware prevent their installation. The last time I used them to remove something was while using Vista/7.

I'd rather donate to these projects than use a commercial security/antivirus "suite" - they are so 2000s.

Attached Files:

10. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Is it worth it to buy malwarebytes premium working together with windows defender or the FREE malwarebytes
    is sufficient enough

11. bimani

bimani Guest

oh yes it is worth it...every cent of it :clap: when you install the free version it should give you a 15 days free trial...did you not accept the free trial ?

12. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Yes i did and i'ts doing it's job fine. Will see when the 15 dys trial is over. Thanks

13. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Not too different from the untouched W10 itself, anyway...

14. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
  15. Dream_cream

Dream_cream MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    I'm using Kaspersky but i think Malwarebytes Pro is enough.

16. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  17. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Anything just keep far away from window 10 and 8 for starters and don't try to butcher your system they know everything you touched and you could be contacted over touching or modifying their product.