The Death of The American Dream - tell us when it happened for you.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Mutoid, Oct 8, 2015.

1. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    #41 BobSheep, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    They are here and I want to tell a true story.

I was walking back to my office from another office and was stopped by an Arabian looking man with two bags of luggage. He just looked me in the eye and said Banhof (Station) I tried to explain in English and German where to go but it was clear he did not understand so I just made signs and directions with my hands. He had about 4/5 km to walk to get there and I felt truly sorry for him. I hope he made it. I live in Austria and we are taking many of them, they need a new life, they have come to us for help, it is our duty to help them.

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #42 gorski, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Young Chomsky on steroids, with gloves off.... Now, if this doesn't make you sit up and listen... YOU'RE DEAD!!!!! :D :D :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Ken O'Keefe forgot to put his tin foil hat on that day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Joe C. Ostrich...:rolleyes::p:biggrin::D

I prefer O'Keefe...:cool:

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    The man has no clue re. the notion of 'super-power's' proven consistency of policy and actions in the world...

Perhaps if he studied a "wee" bit...:rolleyes:

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #48 gorski, Nov 17, 2015
    For everybody's pleasure (less steroids than above :D and more academic meticulousness to put you to sleep... :D ):

Well, at least if one has "it", can hold concentration a bit and has a bit of a spine that can carry a pair of balls the size of... oh, well... it;s individual... :D

P.S. The lazy sods amongst us:rolleyes: can indulge from 21.40 => ISIS bit and terrorism on all sides etc.:biggrin:

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #49 gorski, Nov 17, 2015
    Here's a wee bit more lively version... :D :D :D

He called the lot there "stoopid"! :D :D :D

10. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #50 CODYQX4, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Human nature in Neo-Liberal (esp. US/UK) capitalist context - that you may say but no more!

Even capitalism in other countries is not the same! Say, Sweden...

Now, if system does influence how we behave...

Even if it is only up to a point...

12. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Its no secret Europe has been socialized over the last few decades. Its pointless arguing with people who have been indoctrinated with self-destructive beliefs.

The good news for those who haven't been indoctrinated, is they will be able to sit back and watch this nightmare unfold. The blind and deluded will still find excuses, blame, finger pointing, blah blah blah as this whole social experiment collapses around them. The masters of their mind will see to that.

As a quick example - A group of ISLAMIC extremists just attacked Paris and killed over 100+ innocent people. Response from France? Send an aircraft carrier and start bombing the very place these poor people live. Result? MORE refugees ...Like I said, self destructive indoctrination.

Where are the millions in Paris, where are the millions throughout Europe marching against the bombing of these people? No, instead they are being deceived, when it is their own government destroying the very home these people come from. Talk about deluded ...

That's right, they are chasing ISIS!

But isn't ISIS a creation of western intelligence? Didn't this all start with the Mujahideen in Afghanistan? Which lead to Al-Qaeda, which lead to ISIS? Hand on a minute, I'm confused now ...

So these poor refugees are simply pawns in an engineered geopolitical agenda being played out in the middle east? But France and Europe stand united against ISIS? Yup, now I'm really confused ...

Oh that's right, I forgot, this entire debacle is Bashar Al-Assad's fault, phew, glad I got that sorted. For a minute there I thought I'd lost my mind ...

How I could have imagined this was a global international agenda of destabilization? just crazy talk. From Bush to Obama all on the same page, from Bush's disastrous invasion of Iraq (who had NOTHING to do with the Twin Towers, New York) to Obama's pull out of American military in the region, thereby allowing (name radicalized group here) to fill the vacuum ...

Gee Wizz - talk about massive "mistakes" that conveniently result in the destabilization of the region and cause a coordinated march of millions into Europe. Nope nothing to see here ...

The "right" will stand by Bush, and the "left" will stand by Obama like the good little brainwashed sheep they've been taught to be.

I'll just sit back and watch this nightmare unfold. Regardless of the senseless arguments of who's right and who's wrong along the way. Eventually, maybe, people will wake up and realize they've been duped by both sides of the ideological spectrum. But I won't be holding my breath ...

13. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah... Good luck with that.
    The average person doesn't care about the truth. :(

14. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Most of humanity doesn't care about the truth, because truth sets you free, but freedom comes with responsibilities and that scares the crap out of it...

15. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Don't know why, but that statement just brought back a long forgotten boot camp memory when I ( and about a third of my platoon ) was posed with an unanswerable question by a sadistic drill instructor which resulted in a beating no matter how you answered it.
    The question was :

"If you were given a direct order to kill your sister, would you do it ?"

The allowed answers were either "Sir yes sir" or "Sir no sir".
    The results were 50/50.
    I think the "Sir yes sir"'s were fast tracked to political careers, which says a lot.

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Just the first sentence. More is not needed after that...

Actually, in the last few decades EU has been "neo-liberalised" to the bone!!! This is how much you understand ANY processes that took place. Beyond belief how you are trying to sell yourself as "way above average" when it comes to "knowing the truth" and you're nothing but a sorry twat!

P.S. FYI, very, very few people (here and elsewhere) are 'above an average person', when it comes to understanding the latest developments in the EU and wider, period!

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I agree with this, when people start talking about dreams it usually becomes very materialistic and falls apart. Owning a house won't make you happy, in some cases it might be cheaper than wasting money on rent but this is just simply an economic decision. A dream is to see your kids get a proper education and become decent human beings, all the rest is irrelevant as far as I see it! If you don't have kids or intend to then maybe the dream becomes focused on your career, maybe starting a business and watching it grow. But a house, car, boat whatever else seems very small to be considered a dream. I would personally be disappointed if at the end of my life all I had to show was a house with my name on it.

18. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    You had a 3rd choice, but you were not aware of it at the time: not answer the question.

19. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    The beating would have been worse. Like I said this drill instructor was a sadistic ****.
    This was also not long after they released the songbird McCain from the Hanoi Hilton.
    Things were much different then as opposed to today.

20. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    "As the grip of terror tightens on Europe, a blueprint for existing with an unrelenting threat lies to the east, where Israelis have become accustomed to metal detectors, armed guards, spot searches and long lines. No nation has faced more security challenges in the face of unrelenting terrorism than Israel, and now the Jewish state's methods could light the way for Europe now that much of the continent finds itself awash in refugees and under threats from ISIS. But emulating Israel will not be cheap or convenient, and can never completely eliminate the risk of an attack -- anytime and anywhere.

"Israel has the determination [to secure its citizens] but it is also a question of financial considerations, too," Efraim Inbar, professor of political studies at Bar-Ilan University in Tel Aviv. "They put a lot of money into the security services. We have guards checking shoppers, passengers. It's a big system. Some people might find it offensive in terms of living in a democracy, but this is what is needed."

Rifle-toting guards at shopping malls and train stations, compulsory ID cards and a host of other highly visible security measures are all part of daily life in Israel. Not as readily apparent is a well-resourced internal and external intelligence community with tentacles everywhere. The extensive security apparatus comes at a significant cost in high taxes, but Israelis see it as the only alternative in the face of a daily threat from Islamic extremism, a threat with which the West is increasingly coming to grips.

"If the West continues to delude itself about the scale of the challenge, those who delight in the divine gift of life will find themselves becoming increasingly constrained and terrified by those who assert an imperative to kill and be killed in the name of God," David Horovitz noted in Sunday's Times of Israel.

OUCH!!!! :eek:

Checkpoints and ID's ...

Sound familiar?