The future of loaders.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crabhunter, Dec 31, 2009.

1. crabhunter

crabhunter MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hi everyone,
    Faced with a laptop that loaders don't seem to work on, and no bios or bios flashing tools for, I'm wondering if any future loaders will work for this laptop.
    I'm still unsure why the loader is not fooling W7 into thinking it's what it should be, if a bios is modded then why is a loader needed?
    It must be more than just this slic2.1 bit because I have used loaders on mobos too old to have slic2.1.
    My head is starting to hurt reading up on all this stuff.
    Mike

2. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #2 highspeedmac, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    first, if you have Slic 2.1 in your Bios, you don't need a loader. A loader is only used if you don't have and can't obtain SLIC 2.1 in your Bios.

Second, If you have SLIC 2.1, all you will need is the Correct OEM Cert & OEM Key for your OEM Branded PC, to activate Win7.

If there is no SLIC 2.1 in your PC already and the PC maker has not issued a Bios update containing SLIC 2.1, then you have the option to find a already Modded BIOS for your motherboard or if a BIOS update is available from the maker , But it contains no SLIC, either you can add the SLIC to it yourself or request to have someone with more knowledge add it for you. At that point you can re-flash the Modded BIOS, giving the PC SLIC 2.1.

If there is no way to mod your BIOS or you just don't want to risk hosing your PC you can try using one of the loaders available. Which "FAKE SLIC 2.1" and allow Win7 to load activated..

It might help, if you told the helpful people here What brand, make and model laptop you have.

:)

3. mac302i

mac302i MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2009
    #3 mac302i, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #4 sebus, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    If you have bios with slic 2.1, use vista7 slic ldr with "cert & key install only" in activation mode and install. There is no loader. And end result, check yourself.

6. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I think you can stop the hurting by buying a retail copy of the edition of your choice of windows 7, and installing on this recalcitrant laptop. Doesn't it? :D

7. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    And IMHO DAZ Loader is by far superior to other loaders.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...