The hell that will break loose during the next weeks (read if you're a newbie)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Stannieman, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    You have to understand Microsoft's mentality. They think they know better than anybody else. Microsoft likes to change things in Windows just to change them and not to make them better. In the case of Windows 8, they changed things that used to be easy into things that are hard to use. Finally, they like to keep their customers off balance by hiding things and making it difficult for us to find them. That's why there is always a need for books like "Windows Secrets."

2. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Huh,

same here, 8 is mix of incoerent styles(all metro, or all aero)
    Furthermore Metro(do not believe that, MS is so dumb to call a final visual style OS with name already registered with rights, only this is a enormous shame and fail... !!! :laie: ) covers taskbar, only this is the worst thing done, and why i will never going to use that ugly immersive full screen crap.

BTW MDL is always the best, for everything!!

if it is going so far, i asking myself if microsoft will still be the only one...
    If Apple will be installable as Windows(with full drivers support), a big part of the market will abandon Microsoft instead to be forced a getting used to a unusable OS designed for touch on non touch monitors and displays!!

:D:D:D

3. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Hello people.. Patience:D

4. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    And its begun............ :aglerks:

You want people that have trouble using a '1 Click Solution' correctly, to install some sort of Virtual PC/Hyper Visor, setup a VM, install an OS on that VM and configure it for snapshots. Before they use the wrong '1 Click Solution' for their OS. ;)
    See the quote above, to see what I mean...

Here M$ should be more like Apple. When they get/find a good name for something, they should try harder to find away to use it.
    Having said that M$ isn't known for coming up with good names for anything. :p

5. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    It's dumb that almost every common word is getting trademarked, in the future people won't even be able to speak without infringing some sort of copyright, & we are just a few steps short of trademarking & copyrighting the English language as a whole, here's what I think of copyright :fuyou31:

6. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    Ah, I spotted several words there that are copyrighted, see you in court:eek:

7. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Oh shucks... Darn it :waycon1:

8. remzicavdar

remzicavdar MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2011
    And you are right Sir, Bullcrap they must change the copyright laws!!

9. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Huh... Metro it is not so common word (in the 7989 era i never heard bout it, and in My italian language is translation for meter) until MS presented its crap :p

10. caleyd

caleyd MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    The Washington DC Metro has been around since 1976. How come the German firm doesn't go after them for a cut of their fares?
    Also, Metro PCS cell service? Maybe Metro PCS already pays them and as for DC, they don't dare go after a municipality!

11. MrDivaNYC

MrDivaNYC MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    Hey mane,

Thanks for the heads up. I know W8 is just being released. That said, I am downloading my ISO right now. I'll sit on it and wait until an approved and time tested method rears its head, before doing any messin around.

JE

12. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    As far as I know it has 1000 rearms and you can use the command slmgr.vbs /rearm to rectivate it.

13. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    If you rush..............you crash !

Congratulations and thanks. Hope people read, comprehend and "listen".

I agree 150% with your text writing.

I learned already on WIN 7 experience that if the BIOS cannot be done then KMS is the way to go.

After all we really have seen many comments that WIN 8 looks great in WIN phones ( I have a HTC surround with it) but desktop................:biggrin:

14. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

A ha ha ha it's 2012 and I thought most of earths population had grown common sense by now.
    Everyone should know that if the first solution you try doesn't work, a clean install is mandatory to test solution number 2.

1 + 1 = 2 = Common sense

15. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I don't think so! Apart from the Met police , and possibly the Metro Centre , I've never heard of the rest ... Tesco Metro??

No , in England e certainly do not use the word Metro much at all!

16. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Well you live in a CACOON then ! LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW.

Honestly there's alot of uses of this word in England.

View attachment 16220

Not to mention Metro Man...

View attachment 16221

17. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I'm in London and according to the games on TV thats in England ;)
    I can't even get out of my flat without seeing a 'Tesco Metro' shop, a 'Shell Metro' petrol station and then theres a 'Metro'politian line is just down the road. :D
    I think some here are getting confused between 'Copyright' and 'TradeMark'
    Metro is short for Metropolitian as such it can't (in the UK) be copyrighted, but Metro as a collection of letters can be TradeMarked as Austin Rover's Metro.

18. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    It's not that important really , but I still say the word 'Metro' isn't in common usage.

For instance , if I go to the supermarket , it's Tesco's , not Metro ..
    If I go to the Metropolitan Line to catch a train , it's at the station , not the Metro ... although other countries use it of course!
    If I want petrol , I go to the garage , not the Metro ...

Not important as I say , it looks like Microsoft may be dropping it anyway ...

19. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Funny to see though half the apps in the store still use it like TweeTRO and a few others.