The hell that will break loose during the next weeks (read if you're a newbie)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Stannieman, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    most likely the koren fake activator

2. diando

diando MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2011
    I used phone activation but you need a MAK key which I cannot provide here. You'll have to Google it. Phone Activation is a permanent activation and backing up the activation works.

3. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    yes, for the time been, but who knows for how long
    i did that in vista days, but got deactivated within too month, praying that windows 8 would be different lol

4. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    And nothing happened :) Even no activation exploits... :p All experts have their teeth broken, while OEM activation is much more difficult and KMS communication is scrambled and not allowing localhost as KMS "Server". :)

5. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    MS done good work this time.

6. Digitalfox

Digitalfox MDL Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Well to be fair, since there are no OEM PC's pre-installed with Windows 8 activated for sale yet, it doesn't help.

I'm sure once those activation files and serials become available there will be progress ;)

While I have a machine with Windows 8 running just for testing, my main machines will wait for a better and stable solution for running Windows 8 at full steam than those "ugly hacks" and KMS servers "popping up" for activation :)
    Windows 7 remains it's OS, stable and fully activated thanks to the work of Daz.

The only problem I find that may disappoint many waiting like me for a better solution, is the lack of interest by those with knowledge on doing it right, for example they don't use W8 or find it unappealing and nothing get's done.
    Windows 7 had a much better reaction to it's release and more talented people worked at it's "Activation" almost an if not since RTM availability day 0.

7. P-CHYLD

P-CHYLD MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    I don't understand why people are so quick to upgrade everytime M$ releases a product. How much more can Windows 8 do that Windows 7 can't? Its a waste of time and money if you ask me. I have been running WinXP for a while now. I didn't see the need for upgrading.

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Short answer: curiosity! Never felt the need to play with something new? Especially when it is for free too.
    This difficult to imagine...?
    regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. maverick09

maverick09 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2012
    everyone wants to feel more advanced technology :D

10. Jimmi3_T

Jimmi3_T MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2012
    Didn't you know, if you don't have the latest stuff the sky will fall, zombies will rise, and the Earth will reverse on it's axis! :eek::biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. TheMarine

TheMarine MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Gonna happen on 12/21/12, don't ya know?

Ray

12. lil-fella-uk

lil-fella-uk MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    @ GameDev them vids are just too funny lol..

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    LOL those videos were hilarious!

14. satiros

satiros MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2012

i have beeing in the indutry since DOS windows 8 so far has been the only one defying the "gravity" of the next Os beeing to heavy or heavier than the previous .
    Pricing is better if you have 7 but TOTALLY wrong in the sense that it should work .
    differnt pricing 4 consumer and business should be adapted 1 dollar for consumers variable for companies embrace the world with the new OS make them all legal and registered even refund the dollar to- for children starving or without education .
    anyway that not going to happen is just a wish .
    the noobs that hurry up for a solution unlocking 8 would face the ***t as every time and there is no stopping that.

my first post
    satiros

15. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    I just jumped on to MDL to see what newbolisious hell had broken loose in response to Windows 8 activation only to discover this thread! I about fell over... my cheeks hurt from laughing... thank you for making my day!

BTW there is one flaw here... any newbie who knows they're a newbie will likely avoid acting newbishy. Moreover, those who most often act newbishly arn't generally cognizant of the fact that they are newbies. Quite the paradox! How to post a message for those who don't self identify as the intended recipients.
    But I digress.
    I'll resume waiting in the wings for those better qualified to ask informed questions so that I might learn something.
    Wait... does that make me a newbie or merely someone who knows the limits of his particular skill set?
    Oh well, so long as I don't further the breaking loose of hell.
    :confused:
    Best,
    ~fidof650
    :p

16. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I.ve woken up this morning and saw a beautiful cold day. no hell lose no calamity other than the collapse of tunnel in Japan. checked my Ms windows m8 and Office 1213 both working fine and no trouble. so since many many weeks have indeed passed and nothing happened i suggest the Op should chill out and stop watching too many channels that predict jack s**t. No one can predict anything unless they have proper facts ready in hand

17. Lordmord

Lordmord MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    Personally I feel 8 is for touch screens really.. I love the desktop and its going to take allot for me to ever to even to consider using W8 over my W7 anytime soon. Now if they added something that has been asked about allot and that's a gaming mode that turns the pc in to a console like computer something that game booster 3 does but they could take it to the next level and perhaps make it so it can play xbox game and pc games...

18. Xntryk1

Xntryk1 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    Could we not just mow a couple old folks lawns in the hood and pay the 39.99 USD for a legal copy, then when the tools get better we can try them out at our leisure. Some of you might even have enuff pop bottles behind you to pay for a copy...

19. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Firstly:
    It seems you have misunderstood the OP. The aforementioned "breaking loose of hell" refers to people attempting unproven or substandard alternative activation methods and then lighting up the forums with uninformed questions about how to fix problems that are actually the result of methods that are inherently flawed or not yet refined.

Secondly:
    To opine thusly requires no facts but rather predictors based upon subjective empirical evidence rooted in pattern behavior which is abundantly observable throughout this and other reputable web resources.

Thirdly:
    Large portions of the specific hell to which the OP referred did in fact break loose.

In short:
    Engage brain before operating keyboard.

Finally:
    Perhaps spending some time with a tutor in order to hone your reading comprehension would serve you well.

I was originally very opposed to Windows 8 however, having lived with it for a while and making some tweaks I find that my concerns were completely unfounded. I'm set up to skip the login screen and proceed directly to the desktop with a Windows 7 style start button. It is rock stable and has greatly enhanced the functionality of my multi-screen system as I can pull up the metro interface in my peripheral screens to launch additional programs without interrupting what I'm working on in the main screen. It is eminently customizable, intuitive and well worth the $39.99USD.

BTW:
    I was able to do a clean install by installing twice. The first time notified me that the activation was for an upgrade only and the second time installed right over the first attempt without issue.
    I just downloaded the upgrade and created the install disk on a separate machine.

Happy Days =D

~fidof650

20. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Ahhh, I simply can not find "What your situation is?" I had to read some but I did find "Lots of Worth Reading" on my situation....
    You ask what was my Situation...
    1. I needed to find Windows 8 x64 and x86 Pro and Enterprise (FREE) - found links to DL
    2. I needed to learn how to install and activate (FREE) - founds links to and info on how to Install and Activate
    3. I needed to find Office 2013 x64 and x86 (FREE) - founds links to DL
    4. I needed to learn how to Install and Activate for (FREE) - info founds an links to programs how to do.

I also have found how to Modify Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8 ProWMC - install and Activate then add Office 2013 to an Activate...

All of this for FREE - It did take some READING that I DO consider 100% WORTH READING!