the Kat (tK) IS NOW USING WINDOWS 8.1 :D

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ThatKitten, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatKitten

ThatKitten MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Yes. That's right. I'm using Windows 8.1 and it's all thanks to murphy78! And I mean that in a GOOD WAY, not a BAD WAY.

Just some tinkering, installing and deleting that ~121GB Windows.old folder. No wonder my PC was slow before :p (The shot below shows 119GB, but trust me. That's because I paused it while it was deleting.)
    Windows.old Folder.png

And btw, I do NOT like the usage of a start menu for windows 8! I like to learn new things, because, say for instance, your workplace upgrades to Windows 8 and you are using Windows 8 @ home but w/ a start menu. You'd have expirence with a start screen if you didn't use a start menu.
    (well....it's not like any workplaces are upgrading to Windows 8 anytime soon anyway....:biggrin:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    congrats Kitty on 8.1 and gald u got rid off that 119GB:D

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    If only way more people were the same way :p

In any case, congratz on Windows 8.1 (update 1?) :)

4. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I agree that learning (or embracing) the new things in Windows 8 helps a lot in getting familiar with them, especially when you may be forced to use it as it is (workplace, for example). But I'm heavily against the claim that people who just don't like the Start screen and prefer their old Start menu just don't want to learn something new. I don't want to start a debate about this here all over again, I just liked to point that out. I mean, if Microsoft decided Windows would be only in Icelandic from tomorrow on and you simply don't like the language, you wouldn't like if people claimed you just don't like to learn something new, would you? :D

Anyways, congratz to Windows 8.1!

5. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I always felt like I'm missing something important in my life. It seemed so empty. But now, thanks to Kat, my life is complete! Because now I finally know Kat is using Windows 8.1! Yes, that thrill! Now I can die in peace, knowing that I learned everything there is to know in this world!!!

Sheesh.:glare:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...i'm really trying very hard NOT to blame Murph. :rolleyes:

7. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Now my life has gained some meaning... :worthy:

Many thanks tK!:clapping: