The new Windows 7 GUI and the rest (Vista end)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ailef, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    what do you think of the new aero interface compared to the one from vista ?

i really like the new windows 7 GUI and his taskbar, MS did a really good job compared to the Vista one, it's a great improvment.
    the OS is reacting fast, Windows 7 is going to be a big success, vista is going to die after october 2009.

there are some little improvments that are not terifics but very usefull like the laptop energy mode, they added "dim the display", it's not a big thing but very cool, i'm sure i'll found other things after some days using this new OS.

I liked vista 64bit but actually i'm running windows 7 7600.16385 32bit and i'm sure i will change my OS when certificats and keys will come.
    or i'll get a new laptop :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The system tray icons friggin' suck! Who is the retard who decided to use plain white icons? They are UGLY! That is huge step back for 7.

Another thing that sucks bigtime is 7 reuses window postions.

3. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    the white icons are not disturbing me at all.
    what i like the most is to pass the cursor over the taskbar icons and see what's open then place cursor on any little window, so u see it on screen then u clic on any u want and it's done, that's easy to find the window u want or just to see a window quickly then go back to your first one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Well I hate the superbar and wanna have the classic startmenu back.
    Yes all those new graphics are beautiful but terribly useless and makes me waste a lot of time.

5. W7advanced

W7advanced MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    I really like the recent part on every item on the taskbar. It is really nice :D

6. mythamp

mythamp MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    I did not like the new taskbar much maybe it will grow on me later (i liked the old quicklaunch bar with each window open on the bar instead of being grouped, if anyone knows how to kindly help me out), but appreciate what they did with the explorer, it looks complete unlike the one in vista.

7. Eoin

Eoin MDL Novice

May 6, 2009
    Taskbar properties with 'Use small icons' checked and 'Taskbar buttons' set to 'Never combine' recovers a lot of the older style behaviour.

8. mythamp

mythamp MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    thank you very much lads.