the secret is out Media Center Key Accidentally Gives Pirates Free Windows 8 Pro Lice

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by binded, Nov 21, 2012.

1. elvis4th

elvis4th MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    kool! and it's working cause I personally have recommend W8 to friends that normally buy new computers just for a new OS. some of them already got the $15.00 upgrade deal, and we get it to work just fine. so it's a loose, win, win, situation for MS. Btw, I got my own $15 upgrade key, and still haven't activated just yet...

2. snorge

snorge MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    chances are they can still figure out a way to block the free keys in the future. they key you use to activate reveals more about your installation than you know.

3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I think its not possible as we all are using legal method. First KMS key & then WMC key & both are legal ways.
    Last till date offer is valid & available.

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Its really not a secrete. Hell, Microsoft probably doesn't care that is type of behavior is going on. They are charging $15 for the whole OS for an upgrade and $39 for a full purchase. After looking at the Vista results, I'm pretty sure they just want to gain the market share for Windows 8.

5. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Hey.Can I use this free wmc key for fresh install windows 8? İs there anyone who tried this.And Can I use this after free wmc offer end ?

6. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    I read it.But it is not my answer.I asked that can I use it when I try to fresh install.Or its only suitable for kms activated pcs.is it only for adding features screen.Because this key changed with default key you now.So I wonder am I use it??? .Without make backup can I use it for activate windows 8 or cant.My question is simple I think.

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
  8. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    what is so great about WMC?

9. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Am ı bound to good at english.I can't understand all posts.I read but can't find my answer.Zillion +1 may be.Answer is simple.Yes or no.You are tryin to make harder something.I read this post and following post.But can't find my answers.There isn't all information about while doing fresh install.There isn't anyone who tried it while fresh install.I didn't saw.

10. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I am another one of the if they give it away free, i am not going to bother upgrading, we will see what win9 is like lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    I read this link now too.People says that not possible.this free keys not suitable for activating windows 8 on fresh install, only works for add feature option and if microsoft servers accept our keys ,we will have a legitimate copy.
    And they are talking about can we do this activation method after 31 january.I am wondering too.What will ms do about this hole.:confused:

12. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Fasak:
    It IS possible, but it takes some computer skills and some time.
    SOME people actually LIKE to try until they get it to work.
    If you want a simple and fast solution, this is probably not for you.

13. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Yep.I understood.But for me its not about my skills.I like tryin.I am student at computer engineer.
    Every people likes fast solutions:rolleyes:.So we must wait for something or new holes.:tea:

14. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #36 rrohela, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Two methods... First install pro VL & activate it through KMS & then use WMC key to Permanently activate it.
    Second method is mention above in my post.
    Yes activate it before 31st else after that that key won't work.

Let MS do what they want... why to wait for new hole use present hole & Get you key & enjoy..

15. fasak

fasak MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    #38 fasak, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    @rrohela Thanx.I activated my wmc with these keys 2 weeks ago and my pc is full activated already.And I used Advanced Tokens Manager and backup my token.dat and data.dat files.(With these files 3 days ago I reactivate succesfully my telephone activated office 2013 before formatting,and wmc activated windows 8 after ı formatted my windows 8 (but not fresh install.there is an option in windows 8 u know not factory settings the other one) ;)
    I mean after a fresh install can I reactivate with my wmc keys on february.I wonder because the ms servers checking the keys online.If they want our free keys useless.they can.May be we can't use.These keys are lifetime or not.There isn't a information.If I activate one time can I use it after february.Do you know it ?
    @Atari800XL I bookmarked this link.After my exams I will try this.Thanks.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Question is, how MS server will determine which key was used in a legit way :hmm: ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    I would say maybe from decrypting your data.dat file but that would be illegal if you dont give them permission.